Wha? EA Selling Virtual Car for $100 in NFS World

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepetey

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
[citation][nom]sheath[/nom]"he was $5.9K richer"Dude raked it in, he made $5,900! lol[/citation]

Thats a typo, they said it sold for 6M which means he made $5.9 Million... that's pretty sweet profits.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I own Gran Turismo 5. I don't need another racing game. Especially one put out by EA. They lost favor with me when I bought a game from their site they no longer support online.

This(is not micro) and micro transactions in general ruin games IMO. Many people do not actually realize they are spending more then the monthly fee for a game on a "free to play" game with micro transactions.

And EA, come on. Look at there Sims games. 40 bucks to add pets? for real? Want to play night life? $40. Those should be at most $5-10 DLC.

In other news. Sim City gets nuclear melt down dlc...only $40. Damn you EA, targeting me unfairly....

JeTJL

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
Didn't Team Fortress 2 did the same thing with the Magnanimous Monarch hat which was also $100 and supported the Relief Effort during the Japan Earth Quake?
It's like those Armstrong Bracelets or those pieces of papers hanging in the Super Market when you donate.
I got the other two hats and the other two Noise Makers though, I donated $30.
Even though your not directly helping, and you won't see your dollars actually doing something, knowing that it did something good in the end is something that I'm for.

Though $100 or even $75 for a single in game item, that doesn't really give you anything, except something to enjoy your self with, seems like a retarded purchase.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]nukemaster[/nom]This(is not micro) and micro transactions in general ruin games IMO. Many people do not actually realize they are spending more then the monthly fee for a game on a "free to play" game with micro transactions.And EA, come on. Look at there Sims games. 40 bucks to add pets? for real? Want to play night life? $40. Those should be at most $5-10 DLC.In other news. Sim City gets nuclear melt down dlc...only $40. Damn you EA, targeting me unfairly....[/citation]

hay if sim city ever comes back... id be glad they actually support it, even if it screws people over, ij ust buy main game and a delux pack.

sissysue

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Looks like they have found a good business model, free to play and their will always be stupid pawns willing to spend their cash on this stuff.

G

The asteroid sold for around 600 000 USD not 6M USD but still a nice profit of 500 000 USD for him and he has made alot more than that in the years he has owned it also.

G

Wow.... You are almost completely wrong on all your facts about Entropia. The virtual asteroid was sold for $600k, not $6m. NEVERDIE purchased the asteroid for $100k. He then made around $100k a year off it, until he sold it for $600k. So $5.9k richer is a slight understatement...

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
This type of model will bring nothing but sorrow to people who employ it. Pure greed is fueling this "pay to win" schemes, and it is not pushing away people who don't pay at all, but it's pushing away people who pay some moderate sums and those are people off who developers earn money with this type of business model.

[citation][nom]jetjl[/nom]Didn't Team Fortress 2 did the same thing with the Magnanimous Monarch hat which was also $100 and supported the Relief Effort during the Japan Earth Quake?It's like those Armstrong Bracelets or those pieces of papers hanging in the Super Market when you donate.I got the other two hats and the other two Noise Makers though, I donated $30. Even though your not directly helping, and you won't see your dollars actually doing something, knowing that it did something good in the end is something that I'm for. Though $100 or even $75 for a single in game item, that doesn't really give you anything, except something to enjoy your self with, seems like a retarded purchase.[/citation]

Yea but every penny of that went to help with the relief of the Japanese Tsunami victims. This just goes into EAs pockets. Everything else in TF2 is pretty low in price and the majority of new items are made by players who get a part of the profit.

I doubt EA will ever do that. Whatever they can to make money is what they will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.