Question Whacky Crazy AMD GPU related BSOD thingy (I think??) YOU WONT BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!

goldenratio

Honorable
Aug 10, 2014
So basically for the last couple of years ive been having these random sporadic "restarts that may or may not be a BSOD"

Usually what happens is that my screen will just go black and everything dissapears and the PC makes sounds like its restarting and if you leav eit long enough you can sometimes hear the sound of Windows booting up into desktop (The little ditty it plays)
But because i cant see anything i have to hard reset from the PSU and start again.

I have replaced the PSU the Mobo and the CPU and the RAM and i have this ancient HD 6850 GPU, so me being the genius i am realized today that maybe its the BLOODY GPU AT FAULT

So ive been tryna make it crash all day and there is no singular point it will crash i can play Rust for hours and not crash, it just DOES IT sometimes. But alas today i had a crash just listening to music on my Music player and i had a genius idea......

PLUG MY SECOND MONITOR WHICH IS VGA INTO THE ONBOARD MOBO VGA AND SEE IF IT IS MAKING A PICTURE!!!!
Sure enough it bloody does, I find myself with my first ever BSOD code (5129 BSOD bccode 124) and behind that is a warning saying i have no AMD drivers installed, and when i go to confirm in Device manager there is NOT A TRACE of AMD just the AMD Audio thing which is yellow triangled.

So what does all this mean? Is it time to finally say goodbye to the old girl and get a new GPU? Is it a driver problem? (i hope not because installing drivers onto this card is 100% a nightmare everytime for no good reason whatsoever)

OR is this problem deeply rooted in something else like MoBo voltages or something crazy like that?

But aint it weird that i have a BSOD Restart type thing that just uninstalls my drivers upon restart? its like the card just ceases to exist when it crashes and the only way to resuscitate it is by hard restarting via the PSU switch.

Any help would be appreciated! Cheers guys, sorry if im all over the place.