What’s a good cpu and motherboard to pair with gtx 1050 ti

Jul 16, 2018
My budget is 150$ I currently have a fax 6300 and a gigabyte Ga970A ds3p. So yeah very out of date stuff I fell for that pre built pc crap so yeah i got. Newer decent gpu but now I need a newer cpu and mother board and possibly Psu cuz this one I have is only 350w so if you can help me find a cpu and motherboard compatible with this Psu and pairs great with this gpu that would be great

Solution
Assuming you meant you had a fx-6300, I don't think your cpu is bottlenecking as much as you think. While the 1050ti is new, it isn't that powerful. It works pretty well with what you have. You would probably get better results upgrading to an SSD if you haven't already, then making sure you have at least 8gb ram. Then save for new rig.

If you really just wan't a cpu upgrade for your current mobo, get the fx-8320, it is probably the best upgrade for the same tdp. There are better ones, but i'm not sure your psu could handle them. You really need a better psu to give you room to upgrade.

Jul 16, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from pippey100 : "Parts list help"

need to upgrade this old pc I have a gtx 1050 ti and a reliable Psu 500w I want to change out my moba and cpu I currently have cpu:fx6300(very old 2013) and a motherboard: gigabyte ga970A- 3dsp( very old as well) so if u could get some suggestion that would fit well with my gpu and inside my case the size on my current moba is an atx. Tired of this bottlenecking

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
Assuming you meant you had a fx-6300, I don't think your cpu is bottlenecking as much as you think. While the 1050ti is new, it isn't that powerful. It works pretty well with what you have. You would probably get better results upgrading to an SSD if you haven't already, then making sure you have at least 8gb ram. Then save for new rig.

If you really just wan't a cpu upgrade for your current mobo, get the fx-8320, it is probably the best upgrade for the same tdp. There are better ones, but i'm not sure your psu could handle them. You really need a better psu to give you room to upgrade.

Solution
Jul 16, 2018
I was thinking of getting the 8370 I don’t really want a Ryzen or Intel rig I don’t plan on purchasing new games only new end game o have is pubg and it kinda bottlenecks which is why I was thinking of upgrading just a lilttle bit