What’s wrong with my hard drive?

lster3

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017
I don’t know what happened to my hard drive but I had to replace power supply. Since then my computer hasn’t recognized my hard drive but when I put the hard drive from my computer into my moms computer it worked. Does anyone know why this would happen? I bought another hard drive to replace it but it doesn’t show up in my bios. I don’t think it could be my mother board because I replaced that too after I replaced my power supply. I’ve also tried to replace the cables and it still hasn’t worked

The only thing I see in your post is you haven't tried another cable for the hard drive in your computer. As is, it's also possible for the port to be at fault for both motherboards but that is highly improbable (though possible).

EDIT: That is, either power cable or data cable to the hard drive. If either are faulty, then it stands to reason the hard drive can't be seen by the BIOS.

lster3

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from lster3 : "What’s wrong with my hard drive?"

I don’t know what happened to my hard drive but I had to replace power supply. Since then my computer hasn’t recognized my hard drive but when I put the hard drive from my computer into my moms computer it worked. Does anyone know why this would happen? I bought another hard drive to replace it but it doesn’t show up in my bios. I don’t think it could be my mother board because I replaced that too after I replaced my power supply. I’ve also tried to replace the cables and it still hasn’t worked. If my computer recognizes the original hard drive in the boot menu and I get the option to load default setting or set up date and time and I load default settings it says “Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key” but if I set up date and time in bios the hard drive isn’t in any of the slots. If someone is able to help me boot onto the hard drive that would help.