What 1060 should I buy?

JCMsergox

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
So the GTX 1060 was reccomended for me to buy in my mostly-AMD powered rig. Problem is, which one? There are so many out there. I was leaning towards EVGA's model because of it's low price, but can that be overclocked? Does the single fan give it enough cooling? Or should I save up and add on my budget to buy something like MSI's 1060?

EDIT: Heres my list for reference. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/y6Dj2R

Solution
Single fan coolers obviously wont give you as much OC potential as a different model, but it is up to you if the price is worth it.
You can never go wrong with an EVGA card, their quality is great and their service is unrivaled.
I personally like MSIs offering as of late, their cooling, build quality, and overall cards are great.
Single fan coolers obviously wont give you as much OC potential as a different model, but it is up to you if the price is worth it.
You can never go wrong with an EVGA card, their quality is great and their service is unrivaled.
I personally like MSIs offering as of late, their cooling, build quality, and overall cards are great.

Solution

JCMsergox

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016

Overclocking isn't a really big priority right now, since the card at its stock clock can run basically anything at 1080p at high or ultra. Possibly maybe giving it a little bit more juice towards the end of next year.

So as a final verdict, the EVGA will do just fine?

PatrioticPickle

Reputable
Dec 2, 2015
JayzTwoCents did a review on the Evga SC model. It is probably one of the cheapest 1060s out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no_NBTivfgY Great Value for money.

I am trying to decide between it and the MSI Gaming X version. The gaming X version costs more but has a backplate, twin fans, RGB lighting and higher stock clock rates with different profiles. That being said the performance is the same between the two. You could probably get like 1-3 FPS more with the Gaming X if you overclock it.

JCMsergox

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016

EVGA it is. I dont think its worth a $50 (?) upgrade for 3 more FPS.

PatrioticPickle

Reputable
Dec 2, 2015

Yeah I will only be going for the MSI because of how it looks due to having a red build with a big side window.
Otherwise the EVGA is the best choice. (its also smaller too so you can fit it in small builds and allows more airflow in a case)

TRENDING THREADS