What 4ms IPS monitor at 27" is better?

Solution
nah, don't believe every BLB problems. most people confuse it with IPS glow which is inevitable, most of them are experiencing IPS monitors for the first time and probably play with all lights off.

I love the Asus design of these generation of screens, panels are probably the same.

Kurz

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
Also another thing to consider is the Free sync range.
35-90 I think is the range of the ASUS monitor.

4ms is a fine response time, 1ms is of course better.

I would read up website/blog reviews of the monitors.

frank_hnd

Honorable
nah, don't believe every BLB problems. most people confuse it with IPS glow which is inevitable, most of them are experiencing IPS monitors for the first time and probably play with all lights off.

I love the Asus design of these generation of screens, panels are probably the same.

Solution

aithos

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013

I chose the Asus over the Acer (I bought the GSync version) because I liked their aesthetic and the on screen display was MUCH better, but both are good companies and make a solid product.

As for response time: 4ms is more than sufficient and frankly most people can't tell the difference between 1ms and 4ms, it's not as big a deal as going from 4ms to 8ms (where you start running into problems because the response time isn't sufficient for the refresh rate).

About BLB: All IPS monitors are going to have some glow, it's how the panel works. However, I have seen a fair number of these screens and not a single one has had a spec of BLB or a problem with yellow tinting. Those are issues covered by the warranty and if you buy from a reputable seller (like Amazon) you can exchange it if you happen to be unlucky and get a panel with problems. All brands and all panels have some defects, period.