What am I missing from my build?

Chelsea_6

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of building a computer and this is my first time. I am just kind of throwing things together and am really excited to see the final product, but I feel like I may be missing something, I honestly have no idea. I have not had a machine that has ever worked well on a mid level game with over 20fps in action. Here is what I have so far.

Case-- Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Black Steel ATX
Motherboard-- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA LGA 1151
CPU-- Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151
Graphics card-- EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 06G-P4-4995-KR 6GB
Ram-- G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
HHD-- Seagate Desktop SSHD ST4000DX001 4TB 64MB
Power Supply-- EVGA 220-G2-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W
OS-- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit - OEM
Drive-- ASUS Black 16X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM

I honestly don't know what I am missing but I feel like I am. Any other tweaks or suggestions? Anything would be helpful. Thanks guys.

Solution
Great looking build, I can guarantee you'll have more than 20 FPS, lol. The only thing I might add is an SSD for the OS and use the HDD for storage, it makes a tremendous difference in responsiveness. Also, be advised that installing Windows 7 on a Skylake build is a little more complicated unless you have a PS2 mouse and keyboard, and an optical drive. The link below, even though it's from Asrock, will give you an idea of what's involved.

http://www.asrock.com/microsite/win7install/
Great looking build, I can guarantee you'll have more than 20 FPS, lol. The only thing I might add is an SSD for the OS and use the HDD for storage, it makes a tremendous difference in responsiveness. Also, be advised that installing Windows 7 on a Skylake build is a little more complicated unless you have a PS2 mouse and keyboard, and an optical drive. The link below, even though it's from Asrock, will give you an idea of what's involved.

http://www.asrock.com/microsite/win7install/

Solution