[SOLVED] What AMD CPU is better for modded minecraft?

Nov 20, 2022
Hello to everyone! I'm making a new PC for moderate-heavy gaming and i would like to know if i should pick a R7 5700G or a R7 5800X for modded minecraft (ofc it's not going to be the only game i'll play, but it's the priority).
I'll also have 2x16gb ram, 3200mhz, RTX 3060 & 1TB NVME 3100MB/S read speed SSD

Solution
The 5700G, 5700x and 5800x are all within a couple of percentage points of each other in both single and multicore performance, so honestly, if you HAVE to have that little bit extra and the difference in price is worth having that to you, then go for the 5800x. Otherwise, any of the three are going to have pretty similar 1% lows when it comes to FPS and all of them are going to handle heavily modded games about the same since they are all 8 core 16 thread parts. The 5700x and 5700G have much lower power draw though, so the cost of cooling and not needing a moderately better motherboard VRM might be the deciding factor for some people.
The 5700G, 5700x and 5800x are all within a couple of percentage points of each other in both single and multicore performance, so honestly, if you HAVE to have that little bit extra and the difference in price is worth having that to you, then go for the 5800x. Otherwise, any of the three are going to have pretty similar 1% lows when it comes to FPS and all of them are going to handle heavily modded games about the same since they are all 8 core 16 thread parts. The 5700x and 5700G have much lower power draw though, so the cost of cooling and not needing a moderately better motherboard VRM might be the deciding factor for some people.

Reactions: oweqsar
Solution
Nov 20, 2022
Thanks for the answer mate