[SOLVED] What AMD CPU should I pick??

Nov 11, 2018
I wanna change the CPU I have, but I dont know what to pick.
So first what do I do on the computer. I mostly play games, however I have started streaming a bit. The problem is that I have a i5-7500 CPU, and I have a lot of problems play BF1 with it.
So I have been looking around, and I have hit a wall...
I dont know wich AMD CPU I should pick... The once im looking at is the:
Ryzen 5 2600
Ryzen 5 2600x
Ryzen 7 2700
Ryzen 7 2700x
Dont worry about memory and the motherboard, I know what I have to pick on each of them. I just dont know what is gonna be the best one for the price. Yes I will be OC'ing them if it is the none "x" so I can get the "x" performance.

Solution
There are benchmarks with people using i5-6500 averaging over 90fps at 1080p, the issue is more than likely software and/or compatibility issue. Wouldn't recommend building a whole new system because of it. 7500 should be averaging over 100fps as long as you have enough gpu power, which a 1080 would also average a bit over 100fps with ulta at 1080p.

What does the frame rate actually do, start out good and get bad or is it just bad the whole way through?
Nov 11, 2018
I have a 1080 GPU, and 16gb of ram with 2400mhz. But I dont have any problems in most games, it is only in BF1. I have looked around, and I have seen alot of people having the same problem with thiers i5 cpu.

Nov 11, 2018

Everything is up to date. I downloaded the game and installed all updates to my computer on the same day :/

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Even an i5-7500 should handle most games well. BF1 is an exception and definitely has some optimization issues.

See here for some tweaks that may help:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/battlefield-1-pc-performance-guide-how-to-maximize-fps/

Nov 11, 2018

The settings on that website did not help me with the fps drops i get :/

COLGeek

Cybernaut

There are 100s of the threads of members having similar issues with very capable systems. This is a well documented issue. Throwing more hardware at the problem, may not fix the issue/be worth the expense.

izoli

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
There are benchmarks with people using i5-6500 averaging over 90fps at 1080p, the issue is more than likely software and/or compatibility issue. Wouldn't recommend building a whole new system because of it. 7500 should be averaging over 100fps as long as you have enough gpu power, which a 1080 would also average a bit over 100fps with ulta at 1080p.

What does the frame rate actually do, start out good and get bad or is it just bad the whole way through?

Solution
Nov 11, 2018

The problem is that my fps moves alot. It jumps from 80 to 30 fps, and it does that even when I stand still and just looking at the ground.
So it does not matter if there is people or people shot or anything. I play on a 1440p monitor, and I have tried playing it on 1080p too, but that does the same :/

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Heat can cause this to happen as the CPU and/or GPU throttle (slow down) to prevent damage. That is why I was asking about temps earlier.

Nov 11, 2018

So I have been playing for around 20 minutes now. My GPU Temps. are around 68, and my CPU is around 59-60. But one thing I can see now is that I get around 60-70 fps on ultra with borderless. But if I go and do fullscreen I get around 70-90 fps.
I dont know why my fps is better now... :/