What AP is good for ~150m range but on weird place [more in post]

obeliskk1

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
I got 2 houses which are ~150m far away from each other. Problem is, internet modem and router are in the house which is lower then the other for about 20m in height. And i heard wifi signal goes down, so that might be a big problem here.

I was thinking UBIQUITI UniFi Access Point LR AC would do the job here? Is that enough for this range? I am not keen on speeds, the internet there is 10/1 MB/s, so yea, not the best, i am just looking for very high stability and good signal.

I tried using directional antennas, and they are terrible, so i want to switch to AP.

Solution
I personally have only used the Engenius version, but I believe the nanostations are very good. Since these are outdoor rated units, you would mount the one on the lower house as high up as practical. As I said, if there is a lot of competing WIFI, then 5Ghz version may provide a more reliable link.

obeliskk1

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016

I am using this antenna: http://www.kupujemprodajem.com/ReinkJet-Antena-2-4GHz-24dbi-kabl-15m-23310222-oglas.htm?filter_id=58459778

It says it's 24db, but i only get like 2 or 3 from 5 on signal and in best conditions, usually during the day it lost s signal many times, it's so unstable.

There is only 1 big tree and maybe something else but small, but no buildings houses or so.

Which directional antenna would be good?

kanewolf

Titan
Not directional antenna(s) but directional APs. A pair of these -- https://www.ubnt.com/airmax/nanostationm/ or the Engenius equivalent. If you have a lot of other WIFI signals in the area, using APs in 5Ghz is a good idea. But 5Ghz is more easily obstructed.

obeliskk1

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016

Oh now i understand, so NSM2 would be an ok choice?

kanewolf

Titan
I personally have only used the Engenius version, but I believe the nanostations are very good. Since these are outdoor rated units, you would mount the one on the lower house as high up as practical. As I said, if there is a lot of competing WIFI, then 5Ghz version may provide a more reliable link.

Solution