Build Advice what are my option for an i9

gekosauras

Prominent
Oct 11, 2023
i have been looking at buying a computer to start building and haven't looked at computer parts for the last 4-5 years.
since coming back i realized i wanted a intel over amd because the cache isn't something I'm interested in however the multitasking capabilities is something i wanted.
something i didn't expect was how how the i9 runs, 45-50c idle at 5% is something I'm ok with but 100% utilization is near 100cs is a bit too much for my likening.
what are my options as a consumer if i was to buy a i9 when it comes to cooling,
i don't know about custom loops so I'm not going to try, I'm told that air CPU fans are good but aios are recommended?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/v4TwMV

Many here would likely ask you to wait a couple of weeks for the Core Ultra 9 285K.

It is the replacement for the 14900. It would require a different motherboard due to the 1851 socket rather than 1700.

It might run cooler, use less power, and perform slightly better.

The benchmarks should appear when it officially goes on sale around Oct 25.

You should have considerable control over power usage and heat in the BIOS of the 14900 or the 285K if you want to go that route.

gekosauras

Prominent
Oct 11, 2023
Many here would likely ask you to wait a couple of weeks for the Core Ultra 9 285K.

It is the replacement for the 14900. It would require a different motherboard due to the 1851 socket rather than 1700.

It might run cooler, use less power, and perform slightly better.

The benchmarks should appear when it officially goes on sale around Oct 25.

You should have considerable control over power usage and heat in the BIOS of the 14900 or the 285K if you want to go that route.
might is not something i would like to hear :sweatsmile:
i will be waiting anyway so i have no objections to at least look at it when it comes out