[SOLVED] What are normal Ryzen 5 3600x temps?

krsensei21

Reputable
Oct 24, 2020
Just built my new setup, and I’ve noticed the fan is kinda loud & the temps have been from 40-50 idle & then jumped to 60-70 when I started downloading drivers. Is this normal for the 3600x & stock fan?
Also the fan is like going from quite to loud when I do something simple like open chrome. Also just noticed it sounds like a jet when first power on or down

just wondering if what I’m experiencing is normal with this cpu & stock fan.

Build

5 3600x

asus 1650s

16gb Gskill ripjaws 3200 cl16

Antec 550W gold plus psu

gigbyte b550m DS3H

lian Li 205 case

Solution
D
Just built my new setup, and I’ve noticed the fan is kinda loud & the temps have been from 40-50 idle & then jumped to 60-70 when I started downloading drivers. Is this normal for the 3600x & stock fan?
Completely normal, this is typical Ryzen behavior. Set a fan curve on your CPU cooler if you don't want the fans to ramp up like that.

I would also not go with the stock cooler on a 3600X. Try getting something like an Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo.
D

Deleted member 2720853

Completely normal, this is typical Ryzen behavior. Set a fan curve on your CPU cooler if you don't want the fans to ramp up like that.

I would also not go with the stock cooler on a 3600X. Try getting something like an Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo.

Reactions: krsensei21
Solution
D

Deleted member 2720853

Happen to know any links to a good tutorial on how to do that ?
Thanks man! Thought I did something wrong after 7 hours of building lol.
Unfortunately I don't have a link to a tutorial video. But really, look up "Ryzen fan curve setup" and you should find something that helps. You can set a fan curve in the BIOS.

Check out my recommendation above for an Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo. Not needed, but definitely unlocks the full power of your CPU. Zen 2 boosts higher with lower thermals.

Reactions: krsensei21

krsensei21

Reputable
Oct 24, 2020
Unfortunately I don't have a link to a tutorial video. But really, look up "Ryzen fan curve setup" and you should find something that helps. You can set a fan curve in the BIOS.

Check out my recommendation above for an Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo. Not needed, but definitely unlocks the full power of your CPU. Zen 2 boosts higher with lower thermals.
Sweet thanks for the info! I’ll definitely check out those as well. Appreciate it m8