What are some good 600-700 Watt power supplies?

O Possum

Honorable
May 4, 2013
I'm putting together parts for my first pc build. I'm using that "pcpartpicker" site to make a list. it also has a 'suggested voltage' counter which is very helpful to someone like me who doesn't know too much about this stuff yet.

Anyway, it's suggested about 400-500 watt power supply for my build. I want to get a bit of extra headroom hence the title.

TL;DR What are some good 600 watt-to-700 watt power supplies? Price and efficiency is what I mean by good. Nothing over $120-$140 would do great. Even less for a good psu would be even better.

All help is appreciated.

D

Deleted member 217926

The suggested wattage factors in all the headroom you need. In fact online power calculators overestimate by quite a bit so I have to think you are building a very low power system. List your build and we can give you exactly what you need. Or use this.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

They maintain the most comprehensive power supply database on the internet and can be trusted. Note that a 550w power supply is fine for even a GTX 680 or HD 7970 Ghz Ed.

Stick with Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax, OCZ and Antec for quality.

O Possum

Honorable
May 4, 2013

Does posting this show people my list? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/V5t2

I've never posted the link it gives you. Is it just to view it? I don't want anyone editing it.

O Possum

Honorable
May 4, 2013

Thanks. The build isn't 100% final. I've been thinking I might swap the 7950 for a 7970. Whichever I choose I plan to get a second card in the future (be it 7950 or 7970) to crossfire with.

O Possum

Honorable
May 4, 2013
I've been doing some research since I posted this thread.

And I was wondering what about This PSU?

It has the watts I need since I plan on crossfireing later down the road.

It says it's 'Gold' quality. Is it good?

D

Deleted member 217926

It is a quality power supply but it's made by Corsair's main OEM a company called CWT ( Channel Well Technology ) and they are not at the same level as Seasonic. The Seasonic made XFX unit I lined to above is a better unit for $20 cheaper than the Corsair.

Seasonic makes a few Corsair units like the AX 750 a unit based on the X series just like the XFX model above.

O Possum

Honorable
May 4, 2013

Thanks for the warning.

I'm using This case

This motherboard

And This is the ram I chose.

Also, forgot to add. The COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO

I'm pretty bad are measurements...

D

Deleted member 217926

You are fine with that RAM. Corsair makes some Vengeance with very tall heat spreaders that can get in the way with aftermarket cooling. The GSkill will fit fine.