Question What are some keyboards that let you change your backlight brightness with a hotkey and without an app?

Minutoh

Prominent
Dec 31, 2022
I have a Razer Cynosa V2 which is alright. However, it doesn't have on-board memory for lighting which is annoying since I don't want Razer Synapse. I don't like keyboard RGB, but I just want to turn it on when it's dark and I can't see the keys. My old laptop had a hotkey which turned the lights on and off if you pressed Fn + Space. Are there any good keyboards out there with a hotkey like this? The Cynosa has it, but I want to have that hotkey without having Synapse open. I tried OpenRGB and SignalRGB, but neither of them worked. I would prefer to have something that goes from 0% to 50% or something like that. I was trying it with Razer Synapse, and I have to hold down the hotkey for a while to get it to a level where I can actually see the keys. Thanks!

I am looking for a full-size keyboard. I live in the United States. My preferred site for purchase is Amazon, though I'm okay with any site as long as I get free shipping. As for my budget, I would like the cheapest possible option. I forgot to say that I also want a very quiet keyboard, though that's not a necessity. Those keyboards look great, but I'd prefer to not spend that much money; if it's only relatively expensive keyboards that have backlight adjustments though, I would still like to hear about them so I can evalulate my options.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
What sort of size in a keyboard are you looking for? You should also mention your location, your preferred site for purchase and your absolute budget for the keyboard. I used to use a Logitech G105 MW3 edition keyboard which had 3 stage backlight adjustments but it was rubber domed and I retired it in favor of the Corsair K65 Compact and then a custom Keychron Q1 v2.

Minutoh

Prominent
Dec 31, 2022
What sort of size in a keyboard are you looking for? You should also mention your location, your preferred site for purchase and your absolute budget for the keyboard. I used to use a Logitech G105 MW3 edition keyboard which had 3 stage backlight adjustments but it was rubber domed and I retired it in favor of the Corsair K65 Compact and then a custom Keychron Q1 v2.
I am looking for a full-size keyboard. I live in the United States. My preferred site for purchase is Amazon, though I'm okay with any site as long as I get free shipping. As for my budget, I would like the cheapest possible option. I forgot to say that I also want a very quiet keyboard, though that's not a necessity. Those keyboards look great, but I'd prefer to not spend that much money; if it's only relatively expensive keyboards that have backlight adjustments though, I would still like to hear about them so I can evalulate my options. Thank you!