Question What are the best 5.1 speaker systems in price/performance ?

Mar 21, 2024
Why have speaker costs increased so much even though it is a rather static technology?

15 years ago i bought an LG HT303SUW Home Cinema System for only at €150

Specs
Half wireless
CD/DVD reader: YES
Audio channels: 5.1
Audio power: 300W
RMS power: 5x45 + 75W subwoofer
Frequency response: 8-48000Hz
Connectors: USB - Jack audio - SCART

it stil works perfectly and the quality is great, I just don't use the CD/DVD reader because it's old and works with SCART. I watch movies on TV in 3 different ways (pendrive, connecting with a computer, or with screen mirroring), and i connect the speakers with a jack.

Now a my friend is searching for similar speaker systems, but the prices are too high, so can you suggest some website to find the best speaker systems?

Lutfij

Titan
Now a my friend is searching for similar speaker systems, but the prices are too high, so can you suggest some website to find the best speaker systems?
What sort of a budget does your friend have set aside for the speaker purchase? Speaking of speakers, what will your friend be hooking the speaker's setup to? Many people have resorted to going wireless and or with soundbar setups for the sake of simplicity, thought I'd bring that to your attention. Personally I still have a set of Cambridge Soundworks DTT2200 and they're hooked up to a soundcard(analog) and I don't want to move away from an analog setup in a small room.