What are the best Freelancer mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ananan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I finished the main quest about 2 months ago (I know - 5 years late) and played on for a few days, but leveling up alone wasn't very satisfying so I quit.

Today I got the urge to fire it up again (maybe the X3 thread helped) and check out mods. It was pretty overwhelming - there are hundreds out there.

Does anybody here still play the game? What are the most worthwhile mods?

Thanks - it would save me a ton of time trying out each individual one.

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I guess it all depends on what you are looking for in a mod.

After a few playthroughs I got a mod that gave me a shadow vessel (bab 5) and an ultra blaster (basic wimpy gun with an absurd rate of fire) and just ripped through everything. But then, I enjoy that sort of thing immensely.

I know there are a couple that flesh out the universe a bit more or change it entirely.

I wish I could remember which mods I used specifically, but I had about 15 that I had loaded. I think one of them increased speed of all ships by double.

airblazer

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
There are some great mods out there for Freelancer.
I remember one mod that added in X-wings from Star Wars and Vipers from BSG. You could even buy the absolutely huge mining ships and Destroyers.
I'll look up the mod at home and post it back.

reconviperone1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
I LOVE THAT GAME, I actually have a battlestar galactica mod, star wars, and some crossfire mods(1.2 is the best), if ever i find a open sever look me up under reconviperone1

maikal87

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2009
the truth is its never been to late....
ive been playing FL since 2003 n never get bored... :bounce:

the main thing is before searching a mod make sure what kind of mod that u like and suits u....
for me i got a list of good mod...

Lists i've tried and thumbs up:
- Discovery
- TNG (The Next Generation)
- Tekagi's Treasure()
- CrossFire(New Hud Color)

List i've not yet tried(but good comment from user):
- monkey universe
- freeworld
- BSB(battle star galactica)
- Star Wars
- Re-Balanced
- and many more....
- try going here http://topsites.moddb.com/all/?game=81

One Mod I'm Really Waiting for is the
- Requiem
- one of many type of total conversion(or maybe something stays..)
- the preview news even gone to up to the magazine...
try going to the development website
http://mod.fastoldsleds.com/index.php

grusisalaten

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
Are there any mods that make the game similar to the ones from the X-series (X3:TC or Reunion? I'd like to see some freedom and a bigger focus on economics. X3 lacks so much that Freelancer has in terms of atmosphere.

rasauul

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
MISSION 14 at last! (by Rasauul)

At last after probably more than 1000 hours of modding, here is MISSION 14, plus pimped prequel + pimped vanilla storyline,

I hope you will love it, its hosted at: http://www.fileplanet.com/files/200000/202608.shtml

Heres some info on other changes in this mod:

Big funky script for player customization and more...

Visuals:
Alternate Story-thns
Semi transparent slimline nav map
New slimline UI
Spinning realistic size planets in most systems
Non "grid" planetary setup

Dogfighting features:
New realistic/faster projectile speeds and damage
Faster paced combat
Alternate Slerp and Ship handling
Changed crosshair behaviour
higher speeds and maneuverability
More realistic a.k.a higher collision damage

Text n' menus:
Lots of new text
New menu names
New fonts

Sounds:
New background and cruise sounds
Some new music

AI:
Easy landing to disable "Drunk driving" when landing
New better pilots added
Better autopilot skill when cruising

Items n ships:
Added modified nomad powercore
Different ships compiled from several mods
New storyline player ships

Contributors:
BigDaddyStoryline 1.25
Mod base

Flak 88 mod
menu screen THNs
Added flak char designer n pimped it a bit

Realspace mod
Added some lighting settings from this mod

By 1001
prequel: "before FP7" added and pimped

Discovery
19k docking
Nepthys ship
Isis Ship

Shrouded Worlds:
Order bomber

Black label:
Chain turret added

Big funky script for player customization and much much more...

G

Try www.efs.redirect.to which is the eagle utopia mod, we are working on improving our player base, by adding weekly events which players earn lots of credits and equipment. We have player flyable battle ships as well as many other specelty ships, many are cloakable. log on check us out say hi, hope to see you in space.

madmocha

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
wow... I hadn't played for years (dito) and had just reinstalled and am playing through with my son. I was awestruck again by this game; it's beauty and reality. My son said it left him feeling as though he was really experiencing what we were doing.

So I was happy to find people still playing it, or, like me just picking it up again. I accidentally came across the idea of mods... now I'm hooked.

G

my favourite is freelancer total war ioncross mod, high rate of pvp and major difficulty and danger not for the faint hearted but well worth a look if you are seeking a new challenge.

you have to be a good pilot and stay sharp as the difficulty is far higher than any other mod I have played, in all honesty every other mod i have tried is too easy

check it out

http://freelancer.ioncross.com/

G

Freelancer is the best space sim game EVER, I have played everything available - from X-Wing and TIE fighter to Freelancer, the X-series, Darkstar one, etc.
However, every time play the main story (3 or 4 times)... so... can you recommend me some mods - both single player - with new story line, and/or multiplayer played on free server?

Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts