What are the specs about RAM for the Acer Aspire One KAV60 laptop?

Manuel Jordan

Commendable
Apr 3, 2022
My sister has an old laptop - it is the Acer Aspire One KAV60.

I need either the official or trusty specs information of this laptop. I want to know:

• What is the maximum capacity of RAM?
  • How many slots it uses?
  • What DDR is? 1 or 2?

I want to buy the max capacity of RAM according with the slot(s) - it to install some Linux lightweight distribution and based on 32bits.

Thanks in advance.

p.d: Yes, I already did do a research on Google, but there are many values, mostly 1GB RAM.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
DDR2 SODIMM, up to 4GB should work. Only has a single slot.

Not really a powerful machine though, so don't expect much out of it. Atom processors back then were basically good for running Windows XP, poorly. About the only innovative thing at the time was the early adoption of SSDs, but they were tiny, and tended to overheat.

Reactions: Manuel Jordan

Manuel Jordan

Commendable
Apr 3, 2022
Thanks for the feedback

Yes, It heats a lot, but with the laptop cooling pad it goes well - yes it works with XP, slow but works. Until here we are fine
I've confirmed it has one slot.

Pls, share your source (link) about the RAM capacity. I want to know the Mhz (speed of the RAM) too.

With Linux installed, it should be used only as a basic client to other machines in the same LAN through SSH, JMX and Web Browser (as Jenkins, other web consoles) etc ... I think with the 2GB (and even better with 4GB) it should be fine for the purpose planned.

Thanks for your support

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
As to the source, nothing too specific. Mostly companies selling memory upgrades specific to that model and taking a look at pictures of the bare motherboard to confirm the single slot.

Normally I look things up with Crucial, but for some reason they don't have that model listed.

Reactions: Manuel Jordan

TRENDING THREADS