Question What are these and how do I replace them?

cosmicspacehead

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2013
Hello, I posted a few weeks ago about my PC not working, turns out the GPU had blown up.
Initially I thought a capacitor had gone because it had pink goo on it. Turns out this was just a bit off the thermal pads for the VRMs. (I think).
Anyway I took the GPU apart and I've noticed the VRMs (or whatever they are) don't look right. All 6 of them!
Any idea if these are replaceable, and how you do it?
YGHkeuu.jpeg

Lutfij

Titan
You grab a hot air gun, remove the solder and then replace the components that are damaged after you've verified that they are indeed the component that's afflicted. Resolder them back and then see if the repair get's the GPU back up.

I read your previous thread here;

I have my reservations about a GPU nuked by a faulty/failing PSU.

Misdiagnosing the wrong component as faulty or in need of replacement, often times does lead to a long ordeal(and sometimes an expensive one).

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-watercooling-sticky-v2-0.331454/post-3502930
^ those are inductors.

cosmicspacehead

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2013
You grab a hot air gun, remove the solder and then replace the components that are damaged after you've verified that they are indeed the component that's afflicted. Resolder them back and then see if the repair get's the GPU back up.

I read your previous thread here;

I have my reservations about a GPU nuked by a faulty/failing PSU.

Misdiagnosing the wrong component as faulty or in need of replacement, often times does lead to a long ordeal(and sometimes an expensive one).

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-watercooling-sticky-v2-0.331454/post-3502930
^ those are inductors.
I doubt my PSU blew up the GPU either, but it was old, made funny nosies, and at the time, adequate for my old GPU. So I thought while I had a good PSU in my wishlist, and on sale, I'd just replace it with a much better one anyway.

I honestly have no idea what's wrong with the GPU. Those inductors look "wrong" like they're leaking something. But I don't know anything about those components or where to get them.
But the GPU board also seems to have a mysterious "wet" patch, near those inductors, and elsewhere.
Tried drying it up with a cloth, but maybe something exploded somewhere I've failed to notice.
I'm outta my depth here, I do just want a new one but I simply can't afford it, so I'm in potato mode on my old GTX 770 now. Lol