What are you playing this Spring/Summer (Video Games).

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
I'll probably buy Quake 4 on my 360 as I still use it and I'd imagine the graphics of that and on PC aren't drastic enough to make me wanna tinker with PC gaming lol. Good description - also enjoyed Doom 3!

Since this is an old game, there isn't too much of a difference between these 2 versions. But the performance is still better on the PC, along with some image quality.

The Xbox 360 version has significantly muddier textures, especially the game's wall and ground textures.

In addition, the frame rate is sort of a mess. At some points, it gets so bad that the whole game starts to slow down.

I mean you'll know when that's happening because the weapon's rate of fire slows down, lol. Even when there's no activity onscreen, just viewing the environments is enough to make the game run at a sluggish/choppy rate. While there are still some cool-looking areas, the FPS still takes a hit, dragging down the entire experience to some extent, if we compare this to the PC version.

But otherwise, you should be OK. (y)

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
Since this is an old game, there isn't too much of a difference between these 2 versions. But the performance is still better on the PC, along with some image quality.

The Xbox 360 version has significantly muddier textures, especially the game's wall and ground textures.

In addition, the frame rate is sort of a mess. At some points, it gets so bad that the whole game starts to slow down.

I mean you'll know when that's happening because the weapon's rate of fire slows down, lol. Even when there's no activity onscreen, just viewing the environments is enough to make the game run at a sluggish/choppy rate. While there are still some cool-looking areas, the FPS still takes a hit, dragging down the entire experience to some extent, if we compare this to the PC version.

But otherwise, you should be OK. (y)

Oh ok. well I just prefer physical stuff discs and what not - I'm sure I could find a disc for PC but I have no drive LOL. That said I'll probably try it out on 360 first - I think actually I did the first level at one point on release but no further - nor do I remember it that well. Exciting!

Also I've been playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider - finally nearing the end. Its a short game sure, but with my back log its been taking me forever! LOL. Also - been playing some Dead Rising 3 (which launched with the Xbox One) I had heard bad performance/etc back then so I shy'd away from it, but bought it on sale for 8.99....tbh so far so good - pretty fun - nothing ground breaking.

Lastly The Witcher 3 second round I'm up to 71 Hours of game played and I'm nearing the end of Skellige. Majority of the points of interests are done....I'm rushing to be honest cause I messed up my old game as I had just bought the expacs. anywho I want to get this new game into Hearts of Stone - Blood/Wine and take my good sweet time. =))

Jun 14, 2023
A little unfortunate for a 34 y/o male, but I have been enjoying Fortnite again, and also playing Battlefield. I play an ish ton of Battlefield on the OG Box and 360, so I am pretty locked in still.

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
Anyone care to recommend me a good RPG for Xbox Series S? Played a crap ton of Witcher need a 2nd game. RPG's are my thing =).

D

Deleted member 2951529

Anyone care to recommend me a good RPG for Xbox Series S? Played a crap ton of Witcher need a 2nd game. RPG's are my thing =).
Not a recommendation, but suggestion. Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I believe it's also free on game pass if you use it.

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
Not a recommendation, but suggestion. Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I believe it's also free on game pass if you use it.

I've played quite a bit of it, its good but after I got in the lvl 40 range I got a bit freaked when I heard 100 was max level...seems bold...I'll go back to it I'm sure, just gotten into Read Dead 2 atm - also a bit of AC: Valhalla. Thanks btw =)

This isn’t on pc but what I’ve been playing as of late is mlb the show 23 on Xbox series s. Been try to play road to the show and finally figuring out how to get my player to advance after being stuck in the minor leagues. Now to try to win the World Series. Had him close one year. Got him signed up with the St. Louis cardinals and lost to the Yankees in game 7.

Wonder if the new assassins creed game will be good. I liked the older ones but didn’t get into origins and odyssey as much.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I just picked up the 'Legendary Edition' of Mass Effect. I had never played this game and really only knew of it by way of casual mention. The game including all (3) titles was only $15. I have spent more than that on rotten fast food, so almost a no brainer.
I think I am roughly an hour in on the first one. Pretty basic, but fun just the same.

D

Deleted member 2951529

This isn’t on pc but what I’ve been playing as of late is mlb the show 23 on Xbox series s. Been try to play road to the show and finally figuring out how to get my player to advance after being stuck in the minor leagues. Now to try to win the World Series. Had him close one year. Got him signed up with the St. Louis cardinals and lost to the Yankees in game 7.

Wonder if the new assassins creed game will be good. I liked the older ones but didn’t get into origins and odyssey as much.
If you didn't get into origins or odyssey then I don't think you will want to play mirage as well. Because what it looks like is a Valhalla DLC turned into a full game with assassin (or the hidden one or whatever) as the protagonist and no changes to parkour but denser city to utilize it more and the return of the tools. It can play better because of that though. I don't personally see it as it being a "return to the roots" game and more like "waving hand to AC1" game. You're not a viking or a mercenary this time and it will be set just before the creation of the assassins so yeah it can be a thing to look forward to for some people. It will also include a optional AC1 filter toggle.

Reactions: ohio_buckeye

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
playing Guardians of the Galaxy on base-standard Xbox One - minus not having a SSD the OG Xb1 was and still is good despite years - to this day bashing of its gpu and stuff. 720p with good graphics is fine for me on a 65in 4k tv

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
playing Guardians of the Galaxy on base-standard Xbox One - minus not having a SSD the OG Xb1 was and still is good despite years - to this day bashing of its gpu and stuff. 720p with good graphics is fine for me on a 65in 4k tv

altho Guardians looks to be running at 900p just most newer titles are 720p on old xbox one due to it being dated.

Apr 1, 2023
Started playing a lot of Farming SImulator 22 and ETS 2. Because of them I liked simulators. I don't play almost anything now. I sometimes play various platformers on Sega Genesis under a beer in the evening.

TRENDING THREADS