Question What available PSUs are there with Slim MicroATX cases?

JoshDavis1210

Prominent
Jun 2, 2018
I am wanting to get a 400w PSU for my Rosewill R379-M Slim mATX case but I am having difficulty finding the proper dimensions for a good PSU or am I out of luck?

a 500w is acceptable too.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Lowest I would go myself is:

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Silverstone SFX 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified SFX Power Supply ($73.99 @ B&H)
Total: $73.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-06 11:59 EST-0500

However it is a cheap built unit, just good for the price.

However this is excellent value and quality and is much preferable IMO based on current promo:
PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply ($73.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $73.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-06 11:58 EST-0500

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I believe his case takes an ATX Flex power supply. It's kind of small, and the tiny fan will cause a good amount of noise under full load. Not sure if the case is compatible with anything else, but let's check...
Valid point, I couldn't open the Rosewill site at the time, was able to look and appears to be Flex ATX PSU installed, so assuming it might only be flex compatible.

In which case you might want to see this @JoshDavis1210

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/best-flex-atx-power-supply-for-my-needs.3371613/

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It would appear so, apologies for my initial oversight.
I then couldn't access the spec site originally so couldn't find the spec from Rosewill.

There aren't many reputable flex ATX PSUs out there, but the link I provided is a decent enough one.
Unfortunately not many below $60 from what I can see also (that are still good quality).

We don't really see any flex by me, so it's hard to judge.