What brand of hard-drive is this.

zirrix

Reputable
Oct 3, 2015
Yes I know its white label, but judging by the front cover what does this look like.

It almost looks like Seagate.

Let me know, thanks

61nXNNa26gL._SL1000_.jpg

Solution
Ah I see. It's not from a major brand such as Seagate, Toshiba, WD. It's kinda like an off-brand reseller that produces them for other companies.

"A white label product is a product produced by MAJOY hard drive company that MANUFACTURES FOR OTHER COMPANIES (OEM Hard Drive Reseller/System Integrator/VAR) re-brand to make it appear as if they made it or for large volume special application"

Hope this helps :)

zirrix

Reputable
Oct 3, 2015

I specifically said I know its a white label - What sucks is you prevented my question from being answered, as people think the question was answered.

Most WL are bought in bulk for server applications and are actually name brands but without a label. I can easily tell when white labels are WD and various other brands, this time I can't tell.

And requested help.

Hope I don't have to post again.

SundownEditing

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
Ah I see. It's not from a major brand such as Seagate, Toshiba, WD. It's kinda like an off-brand reseller that produces them for other companies.

"A white label product is a product produced by MAJOY hard drive company that MANUFACTURES FOR OTHER COMPANIES (OEM Hard Drive Reseller/System Integrator/VAR) re-brand to make it appear as if they made it or for large volume special application"

Hope this helps :)

Solution
Mar 30, 2018
I recently purchased 6 white label drives that were labeled similar to this one, but the label on mine had "ENTERPRISE" class printed on the label. The model number for the ones I purchased were "WL3000GSA6472E". From what I have been able to put together, the model I purchased are Western Digital drives whose specs place them somewhere in the RED or the GOLD class.

This one has the model number WL3000GSA6472-ST, where ST could stand for standard desktop drive. Or it could stand for Seagate. So you may not know what manufacture you will get, only that it is a 3tb 7200rpm SATA drive with 64MB of Cache. You could buy 5 of these and get drives from 3 different manufactures. I have actually had this happen.

Now whether or not they are unused and brand new or they are refurbished from server end of lease pulls, that I can not tell you. So far I have not had any major issue with any of the white label drives in the past. As long as they come with at leat a one year warranty, personally they are worth the money.