What cables do I use to connect a gtx 1070ti to the PSU?

hijackxd21

Proper
May 4, 2018
Hi, I bought a gtx 1070ti but I am not sure which cables to plug it in with, my power supply came with a bunch of cables but I dont know which one, if someone could provide a picture or a explanation it would be greatly appreaciated :D

Candan

Honorable
Jul 27, 2014
You'll need a 6 pin and and an 8 pin power cord. But your PSU is the most important end to get right.

What PSU do you have? The cords will be marked PCI and will only fit in the right holes. You'll need to use 2 for that card unless the cord end is split into 2 plugs

hijackxd21

Proper
May 4, 2018
I have cables that are labeled (VGA) but are too short to get from the gpu to the PSU. Some have a 6 pin at one end and a 8 pin at the other, but that won't work since it cant be connected to the PSU. There are a lot of different ones but none of which that seem to fit the GPU.

hijackxd21

Proper
May 4, 2018
Ok, thanks, that helped.
I think I found the cable, it's labeled VGA at one end and it's a 6 pin connector, then at the other end it has a 6 pin connector then a split cable of a 2 pin connector and a 6 pin connnector. I put those 2 together and made the 8 pin.

However, now the cables just look really stupid, with all the branches and stuff and the cables going over each other. Well, whatever. As long as it works.