What can i do to upgrade?

TheNismo1

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
hey guys.....
i want to know what i can change in my system to better it, i dnt mind selling the graphics card to make way for another card. . . . . but wat can be done besides the obvious overclocking of cpu and graphics card.... here is my current system specs:

CPU: Intel Core I5 2500k
Mobo: Asus P8P67
Grphics: EVGA GTX460 SC 1GB EE
RAM: 8GB Cosair Vengeance
PSU: Coolermaster 650w
Case: Coolermaster HAF 922
CPU Cooler: Coolermaster 212plus CPU cooler
Monitor: Samsung P2250 1080p

wat i'm thinkin of doing is getting a corsair psu, and changing the graphics card. now, my mobo doesnt support sli, so if i go for a amd card i can xfire them in future, altho i'm a fan of single gpu systems and nvidia bcoz of driver things. anyway, i know the next gen graphics cards are coming soon so, should i sell my gtx 460 and buy a gtx 570/gtx 580 or should i get a HD 6950, or should i wait for the next gen to come out before making a purchase....

thanx alot guys

netops07

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
If I were you i would stay single gpu on that motherboard. The reason nvidia doesn't certify them for sli is that other pceix slot runs at 4x. With what you already have you may as well wait just a little longer and see what the new models have to offer. You aren't exactly limping along right now.