What can i purchase to make my fps on my PC increase?

Nov 15, 2018
What could I purchase to make my FPS increase on my PC?

Graphics Card: nvidia geforce gtx 960
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6402P CPU @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz

Ram: 8.00 GB

Once the source of my problem is located some recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
CPU is a little on the low end for performance, but should still do fine. Especially if you run medium settings at 1080p.
So I would say both GPU and RAM.

Why do you ask? What games are you currently playing and what average FPS are you getting in them and at what graphic settings?

It's possible that you're experiencing issues with FPS in certain titles because they are newer and require more than the 8GB of RAM you currently have to run more efficiently.

But please do answer my questions.

Nov 15, 2018
When I attempt to play a game such as GangBeasts my FPS stays around 25-27 on the lowest settings.
Just tried to load GTA and the game was at 6 FPS on the lowest settings.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
You could use MSI afterburners overlay option to see CPU / GPU / RAM usage while in game and see what's maxing out, that should give you a better Idea.
The CPU has a low turbo speed and the graphics card is getting a bit old, so depending on the game it could be either one of them.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador

Not true in the slightest.
He should be getting WAY MORE fps than a whopping 6fps in GTAV on lowest settings.

I mean, if a flipping core i3 from a few years ago with it's dual core hyper threaded measly less than 2.5ghz clock and a lesser card than the 960 can get near 60fps on lowest settings his hardware can run that game just fine.

This is clearly something else causing such poor performance.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
however, he should take a look at Riva Tuner statistic in game to see what may be happening on a hardware level.

Dear OP, what operating system are you running on?
Have you installed latest drivers for your GPU?
Do you have any overlays enabled?
If on Windows 10, have you disabled Game Bar in settings?
Is your system cluttered to all hell with junk files and broken links in shortcuts and other files?
Does Windows need any updates?

Nov 15, 2018
I'm running on windows 10, my GPU drivers are all up to date, I am using Razer Cortex Overlay and a MSI Afterburner, I have disabled the game bar, no my system isn't cluttered, and windows is up to date.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
I swear there was nothing in that post about 6 fps when I responded to it, coulda sworn it said 30fps......
Serves me right for not quoting it I guess.

But yeah 6 fps sounds more like integrated graphics than a 960, still nothing wrong with using afterburner to see if something is maxing out though. Just need to be careful and check what's causing the load and not assume the game is doing it.