What cards could work with this build?

Kiroinor

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
I have this build from HP

HP Desktop Build

Sadly it has a integrated memory of Intel graphics 4500. I would like to install something with better graphics. I play some games on my free time when I'm not working 18hrs of the day. Such as GTA 5, some Wow here and there and other shooting genres. I'm looking at cards between the $100-$300 price range that will last me for a long time on good or better settings. However I must find out if I can install these cards with no problem and if not then what would ya'll suggest I do. Thanks for the help!

A GeForce GTX 1050 2GB and Radeon Rx 560 2GB should work fine in that case with the default power supply. Both cards are nearly identical on average. The GTX 1050 2GB is still a hair faster and uses less power.

Any higher end cards are way too overpriced to even consider right now. Due to Crypto mining sending the prices of mid range cards skyrocketing. Pretty much any card with 3GB or more VRAM has an insane price right now. While they aren't the best. Those two cards are much better than the integrated graphics and you aren't wasting money by spending way more than the card is worth.

https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GIGABYTE-Graphic-GV-RX560GAMING-OC-2GD/dp/B072LF6R1W/
https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Support-Graphics-02G-P4-6150-KR/dp/B01M9FD3PC/

Kiroinor

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
Yeah one of the higher price cards I like are the 1080's from Geforce, but quite pricey for my wallet. I was thinking of having a bit more than just 2gb's. I wanted at least a 4gb and debating on above that if I really want to see my wallet ripping. Since I was wondering if it's best to spend more on a graphics card now so it can last longer for me and still be up to par or close to the new stuff whenever they come out.

However getting a better graphics card would also depend on the power supply, and/if I need to get something better than what I have now.