[SOLVED] What case are you using now?

Solution
Looking at the PC 011 I'm not a fan of those cases due to no fans in the front and in my opinion poor airflow/design.
That's the whole point of Lian Li moving them to side intake.
For folks who are into those minimalist designs that love to choke off front fan intake: NZXT H500, Phanteks P300(nonA), Corsair Carbide 175R, etc...
Just move the fans and the grille to the side - no problems.

Both the O11 Dynamic and XL pass cooling tests with flying colors - the bottom is the weakest(airflow), but the side and top more than make up for it.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Phanteks P400 IIRC. Bought it on looks alone.

Great cable management, I like the internal layout, and it looks good to me (obviously). The downside are the plastic instead of glass window (which hasn't really been a problem) and it originally had the solid front panel that was terrible for airflow. They came out with a mesh front panel and it's great now.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Gamer's Nexus seem very influential . Though I didn't follow their case recommendations when I purchased NZXT.. hehe.
When there's many options out there and ya don't know where to look for an independent review - you just can't trust company sponsored ones - they are pretty good.
Their chassis testing, or testing in general, is pretty thorough, though they don't cover all possible avenues, so it's important to check and compare with other reviews.

I also check Hardware Unboxed for monitor reviews.

No offense to this site - I do compare with the reviews here too.

Reactions: gat3keeper

BradHP

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Phanteks P400a digital in white. Really like it overall, sometimes I wish I had spent a little more for the P500 to have some more room to work, but great value for the price. Airflow is fantastic. Ryzen 7 3700x barely gets past 40C while gaming with a 240mm AIO. GPU usually stays in the 50s (old RX 570, so maybe not a huge achievement considering it's not that powerful).

gat3keeper

Reputable
Mar 5, 2017
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh. Love it

I can't decide between this or Phanteks P500A ...

My choice ,

1st choice - Lian Li PC 011 - But Im afraid of the airflow unless I invest more on quality fans.
2nd choice - Lancool II Mesh
3rd. Phanteks P500A

For those using one of these cases.. please let us know your experience and why did you choose it.

Solidjake

Notable
Sep 6, 2019
I can't decide between this or Phanteks P500A ...

My choice ,

1st choice - Lian Li PC 011 - But Im afraid of the airflow unless I invest more on quality fans.
2nd choice - Lancool II Mesh
3rd. Phanteks P500A

For those using one of these cases.. please let us know your experience and why did you choose it.

I chose the Lancool over the Phanteks 500 due to availability and seeing it's practically the same as the Lancool. Plus Microcenter had the Lancool in stock (black version). Looking at the PC 011 I'm not a fan of those cases due to no fans in the front and in my opinion poor airflow/design.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Looking at the PC 011 I'm not a fan of those cases due to no fans in the front and in my opinion poor airflow/design.
For folks who are into those minimalist designs that love to choke off front fan intake: NZXT H500, Phanteks P300(nonA), Corsair Carbide 175R, etc...

Both the O11 Dynamic and XL pass cooling tests with flying colors - the bottom is the weakest(airflow), but the side and top more than make up for it.

Solution

gat3keeper

Reputable
Mar 5, 2017

Hi Phaaze88, do you think O11 Dynamic is ok with 360mm AIO on top and 3 fans on sides? I don't like 3 fans at the bottom part.

Anyway, so curious with Lian Li Lancool II Mesh because of very good results in Gamer Nexus test. I don't like the looks of it to be honest. But if it's the coolest case around, I might pull the trigger. Btw,,, Im not sure if they test it using stock fans or they put better fans while testing Lancool II.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Hi Phaaze88, do you think O11 Dynamic is ok with 360mm AIO on top and 3 fans on sides? I don't like 3 fans at the bottom part.
That's totally fine.
Fans at the bottom of that chassis are more for show than anything else.

They tested the Lancool 2 Mesh with the stock fans and with a 'more standardized config'.
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3602-lian-li-lancool-ii-mesh-case-review
Scroll down to Standardized Fans(2 bar graphs). They even state what the standardized setup is in the graphs.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
My builds are listed below. A lot are OEM items (and the Micro Machine is a specific form factor that comes with the case, MB, external power supply, etc)

But, for the two that I bought specific cases for:
DIYPC Trio-GT-RGB ATX Mid Tower Case - it was well reviewed on Tom's Hardware. It cools quite well, is pretty quiet , and my son really likes the looks with the LED fans.

Cougar MX330-X ATX Mid Tower Case - because I was looking for something super-cheap for Old Ironsides (my almost-no-budget build from a lot of donated leftover parts) . A different model was recommended to me, and then I saw this variant, which had side panel vents that could accommodate the 200mm fan that a friend donated to me.

Antec P101 Silent ATX Mid Tower Case - I'm thinking of this as my tentative case for an AM5 build - positive review on Tom's Hardware, and manages to be cool and quiet. I'd prefer something a little less bulky, though, but so far, this one's my choice.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'd like to see Cooler Master revise their Mastercase SL600M.
That chassis is amazing for air cooled gpus, and works just fine for cpus - if one is careful with the cooler choice; perfect for running a top mounted 360mm hybrid cooler.
Psu installation was an afterthought in there though.