What causes an Internal Power Error??

G

Every now and then when i bootup I get a blue screen either before the win2k logo screen is displayed or after it is displayed. The message says that I have an Internal_Power_Error and that I should check my hardware. Would this problem be related to my PSU?? I have an Enermax EG365FMA (350 watt)unit which should be adequate.

G

All cables are plugged in tightly. Here's my voltages:
VCore 1.85V (Manually set)
+2.5V: 2.62V
VCC3: 3.26V
VBATT: 3.16V
+5: 4.81V
+12 12.09V
-12: -11.87V
-5: -5.36V

I have an Enermax EG365FMA PSU if that helps. Could one of my components be drawing too much power thus causing this sporadic problem.

svol

Champion
Set the VCore back to its default of 1.75V.
Only the +5V line is a little low, you can check if there is a setting in your BIOS that gives alarm when one of the voltage goes to low/high, if its turned on turn it off. But if the system is unstable and crash a lot then maybe your powersupply can't handle it, although is is a Enermax which are good powersupply's.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
disable all the power management, from BIOS and from Windows. I guess its the APM driver thats giving the trouble.

when the system boots up, check in the device manager if the APM device (in My Computer->Properties->Device Manager->System Devices) is fine, it might have a yellow blob besides it. Its bad.

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'd think it might be 1 of your peripherals is at fault (RAM, PCI cards). Try to strip it down to minimum (mobo, CPU, RAM and video card) to see if the problem still exists.
IMO, it probably you have incorrect RAM's settings as I used to have as I set my RAM too aggressive (KG7-RAID and Crucial) and it couldn't boot into W2k without <b>STOP</b> error screen.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

Sushant Shekhar

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
this worked for my updated 2indows 10 with AMD R7 270
http://www.onehackup.com/2015/08/01/internal-power-error-dell-laptop-error-solved/

BIOS bugs in power management exposed by hardware that is actually trying to do power management calls via a driver.

for example, windows tells a driver to go to low power state, the driver tells the hardware the hardware goes to low power. Then the system tries to wake the device but it does not respond (generates a bugcheck) or responds incorrectly (different bugcheck)

BIOS update would be the first thing to do, then update the driver for the device that failed to correctly respond.
for windows 7 low power states were turned off by defaults, windows 8.x and winodow 10 have them on by default. (just fyi)