what causes Bluescreen locale ID:1033 ?

Gi Ter

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014
few second ago i've updated geforce experience and was going to start playing the crew and bum
this is second time i get bluescreen on new rig

Solution
localeID 1033 is just the number that represents the language you are using. (english)

the bugcheck code 0xc5 DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

most often you have a windows driver that is corrupting system memory and windows detected the corruption and shutdown. Most often you will have to run verifier.exe to force windows to check for drivers writing outside of their own memory areas. how to run: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lockup-debug-how/65331-using-driver-verifier-identify-issues-drivers.html

otherwise, a driver will corrupt another drivers data, then later the second driver will use the corrupted data and crash the system. You will also want to do a malwarebytes /virus scan because malware will also do the same thing.

you...

Illuminations

Honorable
Mar 16, 2014
I think that's a graphics card driver crash.
Try updating drivers, or lower graphical settings in game if that solves it. That's atleast a part of the way to identify the issue.

How warm does your GTX970 be when you're gaming?
See if you can experience throtteling or similar.

Good Luck!
Axel.

Gi Ter

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014

driver version 347.09, gaming GPU temp is 60

and how to see if experience is throtteling ?

Illuminations

Honorable
Mar 16, 2014
Oh, I formulated the question very bad - Sorry!
It has nothing to do with GeForce Experience.

I wonder if the card get's too hot so that it throttles. But 60 seems fine.
In theory, that could perhaps create a bluescreen if it crashes.

Aswell, if Windows caught it, you can check in your Event Logs.
Just type eventvwr.exe in the search box (in Windows 7). Then go to Custom Views, then Administrative Events.
See if you can continue tracing it from there.

localeID 1033 is just the number that represents the language you are using. (english)

the bugcheck code 0xc5 DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

most often you have a windows driver that is corrupting system memory and windows detected the corruption and shutdown. Most often you will have to run verifier.exe to force windows to check for drivers writing outside of their own memory areas. how to run: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lockup-debug-how/65331-using-driver-verifier-identify-issues-drivers.html

otherwise, a driver will corrupt another drivers data, then later the second driver will use the corrupted data and crash the system. You will also want to do a malwarebytes /virus scan because malware will also do the same thing.

you would also, start cmd.exe as an admin, then run
sfc.exe /scannow
to confirm your core windows files have not been corrupted.

if they are corrupted, on windows 8 you can run the
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
command and get a clean copy of the files from a trusted source (microsoft)
on windows 7 you have to fix corrupted files from a valid windows 7 CDROM.

In general, for a problem like this you would
update, BIOS or reset it to defaults, stop any overclocking, run a memtest86 to confirm memory is ok,
then run the system file checker command in windows (sfc.exe /scannow)
then the malware scans. If you can not find a cause then run the verifier.exe command, run your system until it bugchecks again and post a memory dump to a cloud server. Then turn off the verifier.exe /reset or your system will run slow.

some times you can just post the memory .dmp file without the verifier command running and there are a lot of 3rd party drivers that are known to corrupt memory. Someone can just make educated guesses as to the bad driver name.
(The bad driver will be a 3rd party driver that microsoft does not provide updates for)

Solution