Question What component(s) should I upgrade?

Sep 25, 2022
Hi, My name is Kevin, I played many games with my computer, it has always been on the low fps side but I could deal with it. Now it's really starting to bother me especially when I was trying the new beta of MW2 on pc and when I turned all my settings down and even the render scaling down I got barely 60 fps. I want my game to run smooth with a better visual quality. I also play the game Rust sometimes and it is also hard for me to run it.

What components of my computer should I upgrade and what should I get. I am trying to upgrade my computer but don't want to spend a lot of money.

Also, if I want to upgrade for example my gpu, can I get this second handed or is that a no go?

My specs at the moment are this:

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
16,0GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V PRO (LGA1155)

Graphics
27M1N3200V (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (NVIDIA)

Sep 25, 2022
Hi I played many games with my computer, it has always been on the low fps side but I could deal with it. Now it's really starting to bother me especially when I was trying the new beta of MW2 on pc and when I turned all my settings down and even the render scaling down I got barely 60 fps. I want my game to run smooth with a better visual quality. I also play the game Rust sometimes and it is also hard for me to run it.

What components of my computer should I upgrade and what should I get. I am trying to upgrade my computer but don't want to spend a lot of money.

Also, if I want to upgrade for example my gpu, can I get this second handed or is that a no go?

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
RAM
Motherboard

Graphics

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi I played many games with my computer, it has always been on the low fps side but I could deal with it. Now it's really starting to bother me especially when I was trying the new beta of MW2 on pc and when I turned all my settings down and even the render scaling down I got barely 60 fps. I want my game to run smooth with a better visual quality. I also play the game Rust sometimes and it is also hard for me to run it.

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
RAM
Motherboard

Graphics
Everything.

I never buy used parts but to each their own.

Hi, My name is Kevin, I played many games with my computer, it has always been on the low fps side but I could deal with it. Now it's really starting to bother me especially when I was trying the new beta of MW2 on pc and when I turned all my settings down and even the render scaling down I got barely 60 fps. I want my game to run smooth with a better visual quality. I also play the game Rust sometimes and it is also hard for me to run it.

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
RAM
Motherboard

Graphics
What country are you located and what is your budget?

Sep 25, 2022
My budget is around the 200-250 euro. I don't want to spent that much money and I don't want the best of the best, just that I can play with 60 fps on low to medium settings..

My budget is around the 200-250 euro. I don't want to spent that much money and I don't want the best of the best, just that I can play with 60 fps on low to medium settings..
Upgrade graphics card.
To GTX 1660 Super.
It requires minimum 450W PSU.

What model PSU do you have currently? Can you show photo of info label printed on your PSU?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Can you show screenshots from CPU-Z - memory and spd sections.
I'd suspect your ram modules are installed in wrong slots.
RAM 16,0GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz (9-9-9-24)

Sep 25, 2022
I think I'm going to buy a NVIDIA GTX 1080 Founders edition. Howmuch do you think this will get bottlenecked with my CPU? And can my power supply handle it? My power supply is 500 W 80+ Silver.

I got a deal with someone that I can buy his GPU, NVIDIA GTX 1080 Founders edition, for 165 euro's.

Sep 25, 2022
Upgrade graphics card.
To GTX 1660 Super.
It requires minimum 450W PSU.

What model PSU do you have currently? Can you show photo of info label printed on your PSU?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Can you show screenshots from CPU-Z - memory and spd sections.
I'd suspect your ram modules are installed in wrong slots.

View: https://i.imgur.com/GGbBnwD.jpg

View: https://i.imgur.com/sbCmiqs.jpg

As I mentioned before, I think im going to buy a NVIDIA GTX 1080 founders edition for 165 euros. Do you think my power supply can handle this?

I know my CPU will bottleneck my gtx 1080 but i just want to have somewhat good fps with normal graphics and am happy if I get 60 fps with medium graphics.

What is CPU-Z? Is this what you mean? View: https://i.imgur.com/OjDK8lW.png

Looking forward to hear from you! @SkyNetRising

As I mentioned before, I think im going to buy a NVIDIA GTX 1080 founders edition for 165 euros. Do you think my power supply can handle this?
So .. PSU is Cooler Master MWE 500 (mpw-5002-acabw). It is more like 450W (456W on 12V rail).
Can it support GTX 1080 ? Just Barely.
If you attempt any kind of overclocking, PSU will most likely shut down.

Your ram modules are in wrong slots. Turn off your pc, disconnect from power and put ram modules in blue color slots.

Your cpu cooler is too weak to handle i7. On high cpu loads your cpu is most likely overheating and fan becoming very loud.
Upgrade your cpu cooler.
Deepcool Gammaxx 400 or Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo would be a good option.

Sep 25, 2022
So .. PSU is Cooler Master MWE 500 (mpw-5002-acabw). It is more like 450W (456W on 12V rail).

Your ram modules are in wrong slots. Turn off your pc, disconnect from power and put ram modules in blue color slots.

Your cpu cooler is too weak to handle i7. On high cpu loads your cpu is most likely overheating and fan becoming very loud.
Upgrade your cpu cooler.
Deepcool Gammaxx 400 or Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo would be a good option.

Thanks!

what is the difference between the two coolers? And which would you recommend more?

Is this the one I should get? https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...kvsNOW6h1c_hyCJwaCodpw6wpb-ruja9JcSXIJrdfJxGY

Sep 25, 2022

And BTW, what i am most concerend about is that it won't work at all? But It will right? I never overclocked my GPU so I dont think I will even attempt it hahah

Sep 25, 2022
You're getting a used card. It might be defective.
You won't know for sure, until you test it.

True but when the gpu works fine and nothing is wrong with it. It will go along with my other specs is what I mean, it will work right?

and...

what is the difference between the two coolers? And which would you recommend more?

Is this the one I should get? https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1702879-REG/deepcool_dp_mch4_gmx400v2_bl_gammaxx_400_v2_cpu.html?srsltid=AR5OiO2rA_Tt8hkvsNOW6h1c_hyCJwaCodpw6wpb-ruja9JcSXIJrdfJxGY

but when the gpu works fine and nothing is wrong with it. It will go along with my other specs is what I mean, it will work right?
If GPU is in working order, then it should work fine.

As mentioned before, your PSU might not be enough.
If you experience sudden shutdowns after GPU upgrade, then PSU needs to be upgraded too.
Deepcool Gammaxx 400 or Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo - both are fine. Very similar.
When I tried that half a year ago it wouldn't work when I did that so I had to do this to make it work.. How can I fix that?
Do exactly that:
Turn off your pc, disconnect from power and put ram modules in blue color slots.

Sep 25, 2022
And what PSU should I buy then?

Would you maybe know? @SkyNetRising?
If GPU is in working order, then it should work fine.

As mentioned before, your PSU might not be enough.
If you experience sudden shutdowns after GPU upgrade, then PSU needs to be upgraded too.

Deepcool Gammaxx 400 or Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo - both are fine. Very similar.

Do exactly that:

Would you maybe know what PSU i should get? Thanks a lot