Question What computer is best for video editing on Camtasia and posibly running a digital audio workstation like Cubase or Protools?

Jul 12, 2020
I was thinking of purchasing a ThinkCentre M900 SFF or a Thinkstation SFF but was told I should get a custom build at MicroCenter because it may be cheaper and better "bang for my buck." Would I be better off with a ThinkStation/ThinkCenter tower or SFF, if I decide to get a prebuilt desktop? I appreciate any recommendations.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I honestly don't know since I don't know what the specs would be for these pre builts.
But in regards to using Camtasia of all things for video editing, there are better free options out there.

Along with the exact models of these prebuilts, can you provide your overall budget?
And you said MicroCenter, so I assume you're in an area with one of those.
But MicroCenter has locations some different countries, so please provide budget in your native currency.

Overall for video editing, you get whatever is the best you can pay for.
The more powerful the CPU the better, this is definitely true for audio processing.

Secondly, adding a GPU into the mix if that is also within your budget will help with GPU assisted video rendering, but most importantly, CPU first and foremost. Worry about GPU second if you even can depending on budget.