What console should I buy?

hhjkkh10

Honorable
Jul 2, 2015
I am wondering if I should get a switch, ps4 pro or xbox one x. Basically I am away at uni and cannot take my gaming pc home. And I feel like I want a console. I have a 4k monitor (no HDR) which I can use to take advantage of the ps4 pro or xbox one x. I am siding with the xbox one x as it runs in native 4k and I can get the Forza games. However, then you have the switch. I feel like there's gonna be the next xbox or the ps5 announced/released next year. But, because Nintendo bring out consoles less consistently I thought the switch would last longer. However, now I'm hearing talks of them bringing out a newer version next year. What should I do please help

The Switch is a whole different genre of gaming. I bought one a couple months ago because I had a nostalgic streak and really wanted to play Super Mario, Zelda, the upcoming Pokemon games, and any other games I used to play on Nintendo 64 and Gameboy Color. The experience was about like you would expect from dragging out your old Nintendo 64 or Gameboy.

If you have a 4K display, I'd get the Xbox One X or PS4 Pro. Unless you just want that nostalgic experience without modern graphics with the Switch.

The Xbox One X is more powerful than the PS4 Pro. So I'd probably get that to better future proof against the next Play Station.