Question What cooler would you recommend?

thomas4204

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018
I currently have a NZXT H200I and I was planning to upgrade my cpu from a 3600 to a 5950x, what cooler would you recommend for a small form factor, or would I need to upgrade to a bigger case?
I plan on going from 16gb of 3200mhz cl16 to 64gb 3200mhz cl16, a 1660 to a 3060 12gb. Is there going to be enough airflow for all these parts? Thanks!

If this is for gaming I would look at the 5700X ..
-and how is this related to OP's question?

To topic:
NZXT H200 is quite small for your planned configuration. I mean, you can probably fit in everything you wish, but I'm not sure about cooling.
At first sight, water cooling (AIO) seems to be the best (looking) solution.. and before I continue, I'm not a fan of water cooling (I think it's fair to tell that). For H200, only a 240mm radiator can be used in front -which will blow warm air into interior (toward GPU).
And that's the reason why I would decide for air cooling: two fans in front and one in back should do the job (and if really needed, you can still add one fan on top).
As for CPU cooler, I can recommend Scythe Fuma 2 (which cools my 5900X). Another good choice would be DeepCool AG620, which got a lot of positive reviews. I mention these two coolers because they will fit in your case, they can properly cool your CPU and have a fair price at that.

Bogdan

Reactions: thomas4204

thomas4204

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018
-and how is this related to OP's question?

To topic:
NZXT H200 is quite small for your planned configuration. I mean, you can probably fit in everything you wish, but I'm not sure about cooling.
At first sight, water cooling (AIO) seems to be the best (looking) solution.. and before I continue, I'm not a fan of water cooling (I think it's fair to tell that). For H200, only a 240mm radiator can be used in front -which will blow warm air into interior (toward GPU).
And that's the reason why I would decide for air cooling: two fans in front and one in back should do the job (and if really needed, you can still add one fan on top).
As for CPU cooler, I can recommend Scythe Fuma 2 (which cools my 5900X). Another good choice would be DeepCool AG620, which got a lot of positive reviews. I mention these two coolers because they will fit in your case, they can properly cool your CPU and have a fair price at that.

Bogdan
Thank you, and I will go air cooling not only because of the issue you mentioned but also with a aio I wouldn’t have enough room for the gpu. But I was also considering buying a used 1080ti off of eBay because of how cheap they are and how they stack up to the 3060.