[SOLVED] What Corsair PSU should I use?

Akronox

Prominent
Dec 21, 2020
In the near future I might purchase a 220T case from Corsair. I've read the reviews, and they say it's very compact. This will be no problem for me, but the only problem is the PSU shroud. I'm looking for a modular or semi-modular PSU that'll fit into the case. I found a RM-x PSU and a TX-m PSU. The RM-x is fully modular, but it'll be a tight squeeze. The TX-m is semi-modular, and is smaller, with 40mm left of space (I'll use HDD for the build.) They're both 80 plus gold rated. Which one should I choose? I can't find a direct answer for which Corsair power supply is better.

Akronox

Prominent
Dec 21, 2020
The RMx series is a step up from the TX-m series and are a little more expensive.
I am running two RMx series and am happy with them....but I've heard nothing bad about the TX-m series.

The RMx series is a step up because it's fully modular? Or did they change something with the materials?

Edit: I found a reddit thread where it explains the difference. I'll go with the TXm. Thanks for your help though!

The RMx series is a step up because it's fully modular? Or did they change something with the materials?

Edit: I found a reddit thread where it explains the difference. I'll go with the TXm. Thanks for your help though!

Reddit users usually 99% wrong, though. :D

Just yesterday, someone asked "what makes the CV650 V2 different from the original?"

Someone answered "better capacitors".

I laughed. The difference is actually an additional EPS12V connector. Not "better capacitors".

Try this:

http://www.jongerow.com/Corsair_PSU_hierarchy/index.html

In the near future I might purchase a 220T case from Corsair. I've read the reviews, and they say it's very compact. This will be no problem for me, but the only problem is the PSU shroud. I'm looking for a modular or semi-modular PSU that'll fit into the case. I found a RM-x PSU and a TX-m PSU. The RM-x is fully modular, but it'll be a tight squeeze. The TX-m is semi-modular, and is smaller, with 40mm left of space (I'll use HDD for the build.) They're both 80 plus gold rated. Which one should I choose? I can't find a direct answer for which Corsair power supply is better.
Can I ask why you want Corsair specifically? There are more brands out there.