What CPU-Cooler Should i get?

Jul 24, 2018
I was wondering what CPU-Cooler i should get. (Prefer Air Cooling)

I have an i7-8700k and a MSI Z370-A Pro, Socket-1151 motherboard.

I am new to this so help would be appreciated :)

Solution
depends on your budget, size restrictions and availability.

Scythe Mugen 5. Thermalright True Spirit 140 can both be bought rather cheap (~40€) in many countries, in others not so much.
Cryorig H5 is also a decent cooler, not quite as good, but decent.
Noctua U12 or ND14/15 are top tier coolers with great availability but rather pricy. same goes for Be Quiet's Dark Rocks.
depends on your budget, size restrictions and availability.

Scythe Mugen 5. Thermalright True Spirit 140 can both be bought rather cheap (~40€) in many countries, in others not so much.
Cryorig H5 is also a decent cooler, not quite as good, but decent.
Noctua U12 or ND14/15 are top tier coolers with great availability but rather pricy. same goes for Be Quiet's Dark Rocks.

Solution
Jul 24, 2018
I live in Norway and, and have a budget of about 90$. I dont know if i want to overclock or not. What are the benfits of overclocking? (I've never overclocked before)

Overclocking allows the CPU to operate above the stock settings that intel sets their processors to. It can change the performance of your computer a little, but for you it'd only be under a few circumstances: If you're gaming at 144hz+ then you may notice a frame or two faster if you have a high-tier GPU, rendering/recording performance will also improve a little. Nothing ground-breaking, but nice to have, especially when the thing ages. OC'ing can help it remain relevant in years to come. If you're not going to OC, I would look at either the Scythe Kotetsu or the Cryorig H7. If you are planning to do a hefty OC, I would recommend The Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4 (or 4 pro depending on how much you want to OC/noise) or the NH-D15 by Noctua.

The i7-8700K will already run with all cores at 4.7 GHz with MCE (Enhanced Turbo in MSI-lingo) enabled; if you think increasing framerates from 150 to 152 is worth the trouble or requires a further boost, go and get the 200-300 more MHz ...if you need it.