Question What Cpu Should I Get To Get Full Performance from my 3080ti

Oct 28, 2021
Got a 3080ti and the performance is really quite disappointing. For example In comparison to a 3080ti benchmark on YouTube I'm dropping nearly 40 fps on red dead 2.
My specs are
gpu-RTX 3080ti founders
Cpu- AMD ryzen 2700x
Ram-16gb Corsair 3200mhz
Mobo-A320-s2h
And I'm using the latest version of win 10.
I'm not sure my CPU is definitely the cause (I'm not very techy I just like playing video games) but I don't really know what else it could be, although when I looked it up the bottle neck didn't seem very big at all. My drivers are also up to date and seemingly correct.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Oct 28, 2021
The Ryzen 5800x has dropped in price to u.s $395 that would be a lot of bang for your buck,
Looking at the 5800x now, and provided my motherboard is fully compatible with it (if not ill update that too in the near future) by how much do you think I can expect to reduce the bottleneck? I'm hoping it would give me the performance I'm looking for as the benchmark video I'm primarily using (
View: https://youtu.be/sZ1EZqC4T_Q
) is using the intel i9 10900K 5.2GHZ which without OC seems to be pretty similar performance wise. Thanks again.

Oct 28, 2021
A 5800x would be a massive improvement, over a 2700x.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlfwXqODqp4
Thanks for the reference, I reckon I'll go for a 5800x. Problem is on some of those games the cpu upgrades seem to either make a world of difference or none at all and this seems to be a fairly universal problem (Apex legends and warzone are also underperforming but to a lesser extent and I care less about them) so I'm just going to hope they will improve decently too. Do you think upgrading to 2 16gb sticks to go from 16gb to 32gb could also have a good impact for games like these with large environments or is 16gb enough?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Black Friday specials coming up, maybe jump on a good b550/x570 mobo, Gigabyte Aorus, Asus Tuf/ Prime, Msi Mag, Asrock Taichi deals. Probably Gigabyte Aorus Pro, pretty solid vrms and good onboard audio. 5600x is a solid choice for gaming. Zen 3 ipc is far far better than 2nd gen which'll account for a lot feeding a fast graphics card since cpu is responsible for setting fps cap, that's if you're playing in a resolution you know the gpu can give but cpu just can't give it.

3200MHz ram should be fine although 3600 CL 16-16-16 would be better but bdie is quite expensive and sometimes hard to get. CL 16-19-19 would be good enough though i think.

Oct 28, 2021
unfortunately I already received the 5800x this morning and a refund is out of the question as it's already unboxed as I thought I'd try it with my current motherboard. Im likely going to upgrade my mobo again early next year when I have enough spare money after christmas spending anyway and for now since i only have 2 sticks of ram and 1 pcie ssd it shouldn't limit me much I hope

Do you have the memory on the 3080ti overclocked? When i first got my 3080 every time i went over like 500 on the memory i got a huge drop in fps. Ampere memory either locks up or continues to ask for the information over and over which can drastically hurt fps.

TRENDING THREADS