Question What CPU should I pair with an RX 6700 XT ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
almost 70 fps 2160p ultra settings damn
Yep, it just destroys everything else around the $300-mark. The RX 6700 at $280 is a great value as well but it's slightly slower and has 2GB less VRAM. The RX 6700 also has very limited availability. Like, I can't buy one in Canada and Radeons are born in Canada! Crazy, eh?

I personally think that the extra $30 is worth it for the RX 6700 XT.

Last edited:
What is your current CPU?
Oh wow. Yes, in your situation, I would proceed with upgrading to the Ryzen 5 5600, and RX 6700 XT would be a great companion to it. Amazon's Prime Day sale is coming this July 11th and 12th, so it might be worth the wait.

Addendum: In addition to you searching for the best price for the RX 6700 XT, don't forget to include the 6750 XT in your search as well. I recommend purchasing whichever one has the best price.

Last edited:

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
Yep, it just destroys everything else around the $300-mark. The RX 6700 at $280 is a great value as well but it's slightly slower and has 2GB less VRAM. The RX 6700 also has very limited availability. Like, I can't buy one in Canada and Radeons are born in Canada! Crazy, eh?

I personally think that the extra $30 is worth it for the RX 6700 XT.
$30 is not much and you get 2GB more

rly can't buy it i canada ?

Reactions: Avro Arrow

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
Ok, wow. That's a really new development because I was actually in Canada Computers twice last week getting some craptop RAM and an SSD for my father's craptop. They sure didn't have them then and I was there on Friday and Sunday. Well, all I can say is that it's about damn time!

Upon closer inspection, these prices make no sense whatsoever. The Newegg listing is $500+$28 shipping which makes zero sense when they also have this:
ASRock Radeon RX 6700 XT Challenger D 12GB - $500CAD (Free Shipping)
The Canada Computers listing is just as ridiculous because who would pay $500 for a Sapphire RX 6700 Pulse when this is also available:
XFX Radeon RX 6700 XT Speedster SWFT 12GB - $470

Still, good find buddy, good find! ;)(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldGlitch

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
Ok, wow. That's a really new development because I was actually in Canada Computers twice last week getting some craptop RAM and an SSD for my father's craptop. They sure didn't have them then and I was there on Friday and Sunday. Well, all I can say is that it's about damn time!

Good find buddy, good find! ;)(y)
hahaha craptop

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022