Question What did I buy?

USAFRet

Titan
1. Ex corporate systems, stolen by a disgruntled worker.
2. Systems that were supposed to end up in missile silos, but got mistakenly shipped to the auction house.
3. Pre release experimental systems from HP.
4. A stack of empty cases.

Reactions: artk2219

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
If they were it means there are 1) Either no drives or 2) Nothing important. Unclassified means that any data that was on those machines was never classified or very long was classified and is no longer.

That aside, if these were gov related PCs, despite looking clean, I bet have paste that's drier than the desert. I'd take them all apart outside (bugs?) and clean them out. As fun as is spinning them is at high speed, tape the fans in place of you use compressed air as spinning them with said air will destroy them. Then repaste everything.

Do some stability tests and either sell them or repurpose them. Another option is donate them (if you didn't spend a lot) to some local non-profits or shelters or something.

kanewolf

Titan
If they were it means there are 1) Either no drives or 2) Nothing important. Unclassified means that any data that was on those machines was never classified or very long was classified and is no longer.

That aside, if these were gov related PCs, despite looking clean, I bet have paste that's drier than the desert. I'd take them all apart outside (bugs?) and clean them out. As fun as is spinning them is at high speed, tape the fans in place of you use compressed air as spinning them with said air will destroy them. Then repaste everything.

Do some stability tests and either sell them or repurpose them. Another option is donate them (if you didn't spend a lot) to some local non-profits or shelters or something.
I will bet, no drives. Why? Because unclassified does not equal no proprietary data. Could be DBAN wiped, but it is much quicker to pull the drives than wipe them. Labor costs are much higher than the cost of the drive.
The other thing about corporate PCs is DUST. They sit under desks for years. Never touched.

TRENDING THREADS