What Did I do Wrong (motherboard & cpu upgrade horror story)

fshirazi786

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018
So, I recently got a new motherboard and a intel processor to upgrade my pc. I put the pecies together in what i thought was the correct order but ended up having to take it to microcenter because of some plugin and someother issues i dont know. when i brought it backi tried to play some games but I forgot about the drivers for the new mother board and processor. i didnt have a disck reader so i ended upusing a program called driver booster. i thought all was swell at that point so i launched up CSGO i got 5 frames, no joke. I had no idea what was wrong so i ended up uninstaling the graphics drivers and reinstaling. but now everytime i go to either driver booster or radeons site where the graphics are my computer turns off like the power went out. it wont stay on for more than 10 minuets. also i had downloaded some other programs that were for disk clearing but when i uninstalled them and the graphics drivers my computers startup time went from 30 second to 3 miniutes.
Before upgrade computer specs
amd a8 7600 cpu
msi A68HM-E33 V2 mobo
hyperx 16gb ram ddr3
rx 550 2gb ddram
evga 400w psu
after
intel I5 4460
asus b85mg r2.0
hyperx 16gb ram ddr3
rx 550 2gb ddram
evega 400w psu
i would like to know otherpeoples input on the problem beforegoing to microcenter again.
much thanks.

Solution
You are trying to use the Windows config for the old motherboard on the new motherboard. You need to do a clean Windows install with the correct motherboard and graphics drivers.

fshirazi786

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018

i have an ssd with windows on it and a hdd with my games and ect