What do i do?

kingxpaul

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010
Updating my System, i have a GTX 580 SC 1536MB GDDR5, a price of a new one is roughly 400$. I don't know what to do i'm out of date with all the new hardware out and i cannot keep up. I Know that the gtx 660 and gtx 760 are roughly 200-250$ each would it be better to get two of them to sli instead of getting another gtx 580? or should i skip think a upgrade to a single gpu somewhere in the 600-700 series help, thanks - paul.

I would try and find a 580 for cheaper than that, your in a good position to do a sli setup but I just can't advice spending that much money on something that is 2 generations old. It's a shame they are not priced better. I would look on ebay for a used one.

You should wait until it comes out to see what you actually need. There may be more options when that time comes and prices may change for the better as well. You may also find that Maxed out vs slightly less than maxed out have vastly different FPS yet have almost no visual difference.

MC_K7

Distinguished
*** Edit: Never mind. Just saw the new info, so yeah, I also vote for two 580s in SLI if you can find one at a decent price. It's probably the cheaper option because two new cards would be more expensive. Also 2 x 580s in SLI should be able to handle pretty much everything unless you play on 3 monitors.