Question What do I lose when I change my motherboard?

May 19, 2020
HI wassup. I have a Z97 killer mobo that has a lga 1150. Since its 2020 and gaming is revolving really fast, I really want to change my mobo.
My CPU is not going to be capable of many things in a couple of years. Since I'm not so clear to the details of changing a motherboard, what will I lose?
Although I have a i7 4790, I'm worried it wont be future proof.

Just wanted to know what I will lose if I buy a new mobo and which cpu I should get.

Ferimer

Distinguished
HI wassup. I have a Z97 killer mobo that has a lga 1150. Since its 2020 and gaming is revolving really fast, I really want to change my mobo.
My CPU is not going to be capable of many things in a couple of years. Since I'm not so clear to the details of changing a motherboard, what will I lose?
Although I have a i7 4790, I'm worried it wont be future proof.

Just wanted to know what I will lose if I buy a new mobo and which cpu I should get.
More specifics of what you already have attached would be ideal. Given that most Gaming Rigs these days take DDR4 Ram, you would lose RAM. Upgrading the CPU would be a good investement as newer games will fall to meet graphical standards using the current CPU. So in other words, you would want to replace the MOBO as well as CPU and RAM