[SOLVED] What do i need to know before installing a new CPU and cooler in my system ?

Harbintatamata

Prominent
Jun 20, 2020
So recently ive been wanting to change the cpu due to some bottleneck issues that has kept me frustrated for months. This was a mistake that i am responsible for, not long ago i bought a gpu, just a reckless kid who wanted to play his games with more fps but didnt know about the compatibility of the pc parts and how they work together. -So what im doing right now is changing from i5-4440 to i7-4790k, as far as im sure.

ive checked everything properly and have asked plenty of people, i dont think ill face any issues since the socket its the right one and everything else just fits to the standards. Im gonna make sure to put my pc specs down below so you guys can give it a look. Now the thing im afraid of is that what do i need to be aware of before changing the cpu when it will arrive? Ive heard that i need to update the bios beforehand, or whatever.

I just need a guide through this with simple steps, like what do i need to know and what do i need to install before or after? Or is it just gonna be like a simple replacement, throw the old one, put the new one, install the cooler above it and just turn the pc as usual, or is this gonna be more complex? - And the cooler is a “cooler master hyper h411r”, the current one is just an intel heatsink fan that i havent touched since i bought the pc.

Pc specs:

CPU: current- i5 4440 3.10GHz —> changing it to i7-4790k 4.00GHz
GPU: GTX 1660 6gb
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1888mhz
Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S (only supports 4th gen processors)
PSU: Corsair CX550
Cooler: current - Intel heatsink fan —> buying a new one with the new processor “cooler master hyper h411r”

Solution
So recently ive been wanting to change the cpu due to some bottleneck issues that has kept me frustrated for months. This was a mistake that i am responsible for, not long ago i bought a gpu, just a reckless kid who wanted to play his games with more fps but didnt know about the compatibility of the pc parts and how they work together. -So what im doing right now is changing from i5-4440 to i7-4790k, as far as im sure.

ive checked everything properly and have asked plenty of people, i dont think ill face any issues since the socket its the right one and everything else just fits to the standards. Im gonna make sure to put my pc specs down below so you guys can give it a look. Now the thing im afraid of is that what do i need to be...

ive checked everything properly and have asked plenty of people, i dont think ill face any issues since the socket its the right one and everything else just fits to the standards. Im gonna make sure to put my pc specs down below so you guys can give it a look. Now the thing im afraid of is that what do i need to be aware of before changing the cpu when it will arrive? Ive heard that i need to update the bios beforehand, or whatever.

I just need a guide through this with simple steps, like what do i need to know and what do i need to install before or after? Or is it just gonna be like a simple replacement, throw the old one, put the new one, install the cooler above it and just turn the pc as usual, or is this gonna be more complex? - And the cooler is a “cooler master hyper h411r”, the current one is just an intel heatsink fan that i havent touched since i bought the pc.

Pc specs:

CPU: current- i5 4440 3.10GHz —> changing it to i7-4790k 4.00GHz
GPU: GTX 1660 6gb
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1888mhz
Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S (only supports 4th gen processors)
PSU: Corsair CX550
Cooler: current - Intel heatsink fan —> buying a new one with the new processor “cooler master hyper h411r”
Same generation processor so nothing else is needed. I f BIOS doesn't recognize it properly, just reset CMOS. Even Windows should pick up the change.

Solution