What do I set my options in the BIOS menu to properly read my SSD?

Pirpolose

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
After a motherboard failure, I decided to buy a new one alongside a new CPU. I'm not handy with the nitty gritty that is the specifics of how a computer works. What my problem has become is that I am unable to configure the settings in the BIOS menu properly so that the operating system, Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium that is installed on my Kingston 120GB SSD that was transferred from my previous computer setup, will load.

What happens is that after I turned on the computer:
- The motherboard "splash screen" (?) appeared, with its options
- It detects the storage drive
- It says "Loading operating system..."
- The Windows 7 loading screen starts
- The red and yellow "lights" start to swirl
- Then as soon as the blue "light" appears, it freezes for a split second, then tries the entire boot operation again but instead of the loading screen for Windows appears, it tells me that Windows failed to boot and asks me if I want to load it normally again or to load a repair tool.

This process repeats indefinitely.

By trying to search online for similar problems, I tried to come to the conclusion that "the way the motherboard reads the storage drives" is what might be troubling me. Now what I thought would be the easy solution was to just mimic the way it was in the previous computer, the only problem is that I don't know what that configuration was since it never called my attention in that computer.

What I can't figure out is how to determine what the settings need to be in order to for the computer in its entirety to work properly.

What I have provided, in terms of information, in this thread is not everything I could have possibly provided, I just don't know what to provide but immediately identifiable information. Please feel free to ask me what to provide, If I cannot provide a piece of information you need to help me, I'm sorry.

Solution
You need a Windows 7 boot disk or USB and boot to that to run a repair.
Essentially what you did is transfer a booting Windows 7 drive to a new computer and that has always been hit or miss in my experience.
If the repair doesn't work, you may have to do a fresh install to get it to boot.

Pirpolose

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016

That was one of the things I did, by default it was set to "Native IDE", then I saw a RAID and AHCI option. I selected the AHCI, saved to CMOS then restarted my computer. Same result only the storage detection and OS loading went faster.

Pirpolose

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016

I can't find the exact name of it because this motherboard was bought without its original packaging, but by searching for models online I found this to be its most exact match. http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3424#ov

BadAsAl

Distinguished
You need a Windows 7 boot disk or USB and boot to that to run a repair.
Essentially what you did is transfer a booting Windows 7 drive to a new computer and that has always been hit or miss in my experience.
If the repair doesn't work, you may have to do a fresh install to get it to boot.

Solution