[SOLVED] what do i upgrade about my pc? if i can

Xuu

Jun 4, 2021
this is a new pc i got, an hp i5-2400 CPU with 16 GB of ram and a lot of hard drive space, and an nvidia 610 Geforce for the GPU, and im just not sure which part of my pc is lacking compared to the other parts as i've had a worse laptop before this with a really low 4 GB and i feel that the ram is just fine itself and that i should focus on the GPU more, any thoughts?

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Since this is a prebuilt unit, please parse the model and/or SKU for the HP prebuilt system. Most likely there isn't much you can do on the platform since parts prices are pointlessly high, of what you want to drop in terms of an upgrade, though I'm sure you can get an SSD to make the system feel faster. Outside of that we'll need to know the SKU to your prebuilt or the model of the unit.

Lutfij

Titan

Since this is a prebuilt unit, please parse the model and/or SKU for the HP prebuilt system. Most likely there isn't much you can do on the platform since parts prices are pointlessly high, of what you want to drop in terms of an upgrade, though I'm sure you can get an SSD to make the system feel faster. Outside of that we'll need to know the SKU to your prebuilt or the model of the unit.

Solution

Wolfshadw

Titan
If you purchased this, "New", send it back. The 2nd Generation Intel Core I5-2400 processor is 10 years old. This should NOT have been sold as "New". The graphics card is only a little better than the on-board graphics of the processor. It's almost not worth having it in there.

Aside from that, about the only upgrade I'd recommend is the SSD that @Lutfij suggests.

-Wolf sends

Xuu

Jun 4, 2021
i believe this is my SKU
System SKU XY141ET#ABU
sorry for late reply, took a while for my internet to work again

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
What is your goal for this machine? It's a decade-old business machine, but whether that's actually a problem that requires an upgrade depends on what you're trying to do and what your budget is. If you're wanting to game on this, then you're likely out of luck as everything is quite old and largely dead-ends for those kind of upgrades. If you just want a PC to work on and surf the internet and such, then the best upgrade is the one Wolf suggests: a 2.5" SATA SSD can make any old PC feel a bit snappier.

Xuu

Jun 4, 2021
What is your goal for this machine? It's a decade-old business machine, but whether that's actually a problem that requires an upgrade depends on what you're trying to do and what your budget is. If you're wanting to game on this, then you're likely out of luck as everything is quite old and largely dead-ends for those kind of upgrades. If you just want a PC to work on and surf the internet and such, then the best upgrade is the one Wolf suggests: a 2.5" SATA SSD can make any old PC feel a bit snappier.
Yeah my goal wasn't to make it a lot better, just a bit of a boost so that i can run a couple things that i've been on the edge of being able to run a bit better, ill check the SSD out, thanks guys!