[SOLVED] What do you do if a GPU is too low and hits a capacitor can you carefully push it in?

May 17, 2020
I'm thinking of getting a new graphics card I'm measuring it. I've found out that to the left of my motherboard there are some components. The motherboard is a
B75MU3B BIOSTAR. I'm not sure if there's a way can carefully move the GTX 1660 Super down to prevent damage on the components. Or will I have to get a low profile GPU?

Here's the image of the PCI-E x16 slot between the capacitors: https://i.ibb.co/7bzHMWW/IMG-20200822-230118031.jpg

b20120419_8.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
That's not an issue. If you look at gpu's pcie, you'll see there's space from the end of the contacts to the fan shroud. This is all standardized so clearance is never an issue. The only reason caps would stick out too far is if something was wrong or a cap busted.
Pny makes a one fan 1660 super. You may want to see if that works out better for you. Personally I would never force a gpu down on any pc parts that were near the Pcie slot. A gpu really needs to be seated all the way down to perform properly, and pushing down on the capacitor may ruin the whole board for you.

May 17, 2020
Pny makes a one fan 1660 super. You may want to see if that works out better for you. Personally I would never force a gpu down on any pc parts that were near the Pcie slot. A gpu really needs to be seated all the way down to perform properly, and pushing down on the capacitor may ruin the whole board for you.
Could I perhaps get a PCI-E x16 Riser?

That's not an issue. If you look at gpu's pcie, you'll see there's space from the end of the contacts to the fan shroud. This is all standardized so clearance is never an issue. The only reason caps would stick out too far is if something was wrong or a cap busted.

Solution
May 17, 2020
That's not an issue. If you look at gpu's pcie, you'll see there's space from the end of the contacts to the fan shroud. This are all standardized so clearance is never an issue. The only reason caps would stick out too far is if something was wrong or a cap busted.
Okay thank you very much. So does this mean the GTX 1660 SUPER VENTUS XS OC should be fine on the motherboard?