What do you guys thing about this upgrade?

Dion__

Honorable
Feb 4, 2016
Hello Fellow Tomsforum.. idk what to call us xD

But, i just ordered these new parts for my pc.

Old setup:

• NZXT s340
    Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 - 1.0
    AMD FX 8350
    8GB DDR3
    coolermaster G650m 24 + 8 ping PSU
    NZXT Kraken x52 (Old design for am3)
    MSI Nvidia GTX 970 4GB
    ssd + hdd.

New parts:

• Ryzen 7 2700X
    MSI B350 GAMING PRO CARBON
    G.Skill DDR4 Ripjaws V 2x8GB 3200
    And ill be using the RGB Wraith Prism.

Ill be doing most likely coding, gaming (rocket league, fortnite etc..), video editing/rendering and some photo editing.

I would love to get your guys opinion, or maybe something does not fit, but i'm almost 99% certain.

And if i did the right thing for the money, i was switching between i7 or the ryzen 7, but... i have been a AMD fan for the multitask perfomence, (tbh the fx 8350 wasn't bad at al)

already thanks for your guys opinion!

Dion__

Honorable
Feb 4, 2016
Yes got this from the motherboard site
supports AMD® RYZEN Series processors and 7th Gen A-series / AthlonTM Processors for socket AM4

And if it needs a bios flash thats no problem for me.

Coolermaster G650m <- PSU.

I hope you do know that you need a first gen Ryzen CPU for flashing the BIOS on a board that doesn't have a new-enough BIOS for gen 2?

The CPU's you mentioned(which are compatible) are different from the second gen Ryzen. Best way to make sure is to ask the retailer from whom you're purchasing. And if the BIOS isn't updated, the retailer might do it for you for free, or for some cost. You could also order a boot kit from AMD, wherein they send a dummy CPU which you use for updating the BIOS, then send it back or something. Most time-efficient and hassle-free way is to just make sure the board you're buying has an updated BIOS by asking the retailer.

Dion__

Honorable
Feb 4, 2016
You are tottaly right!

I've just contacted the seller, if they cancel or change the order or update it.
but.. i've just ordered a ryzen 5 1500x, thats a first gen, so i can always do the flash my self if the seller odes not respond.

Problem solved then, enjoy the upgrade! :D