Discussion What do you think about these visual upgrades?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
If i could drill 4 holes and mount the glass panel safelly that would be the best and the easiest thing.
What are your thoughts about that?
that was my original idea for the easiest way.
but looking at the inside where the panel attaches, i'm not so sure.
haf-x-gallery-4-zoom.png

looks like pretty thin metal. if you could find some light acrylic or even plastic, possibly it would be strong enough to hold it on and still look good.

how is the side panel attached?
does it just slide into some grooves or something?

you may be able to find images of the inside of the side panel itself using Google's Image Search and figure something out.

Ok, so i watched a couple of videos and they all did the thing i mentioned.
They drilled a big cutout in the existing side panel, and put in a acrylic side panel, by screwing it in the cutout wholes they made.
So one question, since i have acrylic side panel in my current raidmax case, and its really really scratched although i have never messed with it or anything, how can i protect my future acrylic side panel from scratching?

how can i protect my future acrylic side panel from scratching?
just get some that's not scratched to begin with and be careful with it.
my last 5-6 cases have had plain glass or acrylic side and\or front panels and i've never had an issue with scratching them up because i'm careful with them.

...a big cutout in the existing side panel, and put in a acrylic side panel, by screwing it in the cutout wholes they made.
if you already have the tools for cutting and drilling metal & glass, why don't you first attempt to modify your existing case into something worth using?

the only thing i'd really be worried about with adding the glass section to the metal side panel is stress on the glass when attaching it while still keeping them firmly fitted together. but again;
you could glue some foam around the inside of the cutout space. and then bolt the glass to the metal on the inside of the side panel. utilizing the foam to keep the glass from vibrating against the metal.
and to relieve some of the pressure from bolting or screwing the glass on.

Reactions: Dj0gany
just get some that's not scratched to begin with and be careful with it.
my last 5-6 cases have had plain glass or acrylic side and\or front panels and i've never had an issue with scratching them up because i'm careful with them.

if you already have the tools for cutting and drilling metal & glass, why don't you first attempt to modify your existing case into something worth using?

the only thing i'd really be worried about with adding the glass section to the metal side panel is stress on the glass when attaching it while still keeping them firmly fitted together. but again;
and to relieve some of the pressure from bolting or screwing the glass on.
Ok,thanks for the help,i'll see what i can do and keep this post updated.

Well what a beautiful way to start the day off!
My 1,5$ Aliexpress 80mm rear exhaust cooler just died.
Im kinda glad it did, since it would cut throuth the metal and create a tracktor noise for 2 minutes after boot, after that it would calm down by itself.
Now im going to buy a 7$ CHIEFTEC one, that will actually come with its mounting screws (the 1,5$ didnt, so i had to take away 1 screw from my 3 front fans....) and is PWM, so i can control it.