Discussion What do you use to playback your video and audio files on Mac?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Whats your favorite player on Mac system?

• VLC player

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Quicktime player

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Perian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • XBMC

• MPlayerX

• Plex

• Flip4Mac WMV

• Some other player

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had also that 24inch Sony monitor. 100lb

sony_GDM-FW900.jpg

whooleo

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010

NOOOO NOT THE CUBE!!!!!! wow, I remember that being bad (weak, barely could upgrade it, etc.). I also heard the higher end models tended to overheat sometimes is that true?

I had lots of that apple stuff and all kind of cards from Siig and Macally. I liked how the video transfer was. Fast. Firewire 400 was the king.

I had VX 2000 sony camera with lots of tapes. All that brings great times I had.

images

whooleo

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010

Nice. yeah firewire was/still is king for video transfer. I have to say though I wasn't the biggest Apple guy back then mostly due to $$$ I usually stuck to building PCs but I remember the competition between x86 and PowerPC and how Apple lied out of it's butt about how superior PowerPC was lol. In reality the only processor that really challenged x86 was the G3 and G5 and even then the G5's where only better than the Pentium 4 unless SSE3 was used but they couldn't touch the good old Athlon 64. But still PowerPC was/still is a good architecture that had a lot going for it and maybe even more importantly it challenged x86 and gave you a reason to really buy a Mac for those programs optimized for PowerPC.

whooleo

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010

Lol old school is the best, time to go back school bud.

Looking and learning about the past can give you insight to the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.