What Does Left 4 Dead Depend On? CPU or GPU

Sakib Ahmed

Reputable
Feb 17, 2017
Hello again. This time I have a serious doubt with Left 4 Dead 1 ( I know it's too old ). It runs like hell in my PC. Well, how is it possible to run a game with 12 year old motherboard. Anyways, the problem is whenever zombies horde come, it lags, and whenever I focus large distance, it lags.

I just wanted to check the system requirements for it once again and found out this:

Minimum:
CPU: Pentium 4 3.0 GHz
CPU SPEED: Pentium 4 3.0 GHz
RAM: 1 GB
VIDEO CARD: 128 MB

Recommended:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
CPU SPEED: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
RAM: 1 GB

I have Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80 GHz (2 CPU)
2 GB Ram, 1.46 usable
ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series (video memory can be from 32 MB - 256 MB)
with windows Xp.

But my question is, is it the CPU that does not meet the minimum requirement or the GPU (I usually play with 32 MB video memory)

## Thanks ##

Solution
not an expert in this per say so anyone else feel free to correct this:

Most games (especially older games) lack multi core use. (in your case nto much so it shouldnt be that much of a factor)

That is why some current games can actually run fine on the faster single cores (WoW is random example cause its popular).

If your CPU is multi cored that usually means you will run slower than a single core (each core rarely runs at the same speed as main one)

your CPU being dual core and less than the min speed will impact your gameplay.

ram wouldnt be an issue as logn as your not multitasking as you have over the min. required...

however, the integrated (according to google) 200 series falls short if it is not using more than 128mb as...
not an expert in this per say so anyone else feel free to correct this:

Most games (especially older games) lack multi core use. (in your case nto much so it shouldnt be that much of a factor)

That is why some current games can actually run fine on the faster single cores (WoW is random example cause its popular).

If your CPU is multi cored that usually means you will run slower than a single core (each core rarely runs at the same speed as main one)

your CPU being dual core and less than the min speed will impact your gameplay.

ram wouldnt be an issue as logn as your not multitasking as you have over the min. required...

however, the integrated (according to google) 200 series falls short if it is not using more than 128mb as after that it WILL be forced to pull the extra ram needed from the systems ram...which will slow stuff down.

in end i would guess the videocard is your issue.

Solution