Question What does the dpi button on my mouse do?

Steliosem06

Prominent
Apr 9, 2019
Hi,
So I recently bought a mouse which has a dpi button on it,I had seen it in some of my previous mouses but I never really understand it.I read the user manual and it says that it changes the mouse's dpi (i know what dpi is) and that it has 4 settings for 800dpi/1200dpi/1600ddpi2400 dpi.But,how do I know what my mouse is set on?Theres no program provided with my mouse that lets me see this setting.

Apr 22, 2019
What type of mouse is it? It would be a good idea to see if the company that manufactures that mouse, provides some sort of software with it. If not, and there isn't anything in the user manual about figuring out what DPI it is set to, then unfortunately what Barty said: process of elimination.

Steliosem06

Prominent
Apr 9, 2019
Process of elimination usually, unfortunately.

Play around with it until you find the least sensitive of the four options.... you've just found 800dpi.
Yeah,I think you are right.I was actally confused at first when trying out my mouse because at some cases it would be too fast and sometimes it would be too slow and I thought it was a technical problem or something.Well,seems like the best option for me is to set it to the lowest setting and then change it speed from the windows settings,so I dont have to bother with that button anymore.

TRENDING THREADS