[SOLVED] What does the U31G1_12 connection do?

RealBeast

Titan
I can't plug in this connection what will I not have? Just usb 3.0?
I assume that is a USB 3.1 gen 1 connector that would be a blue rectangle with a slotted long side, but you might want to provide more detail is such questions like the board model at least.

Your back panel connectors will all still work, that would be a front panel connector and its use depends on if your case has an appropriate cable and ports.

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
I assume that is a USB 3.1 gen 1 connector that would be a blue rectangle with a slotted long side, but you might want to provide more detail is such questions like the board model at least.

Your back panel connectors will all still work, that would be a front panel connector and its use depends on if your case has an appropriate cable and ports.

Ok it's a Lian Li o11 Xl rog case with a Asus x299 mark 2 motherboard. So just the front USB 3.1 connections on the case? I have 2 regular sized USB connections and 1 usb-c. So just those 3 USB connections are the only thing that won't work?

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017

This motherboard has many usb connections on the back of the case will they still work with this unplugged?

RealBeast

Titan
Ok it's a Lian Li o11 Xl rog case with a Asus x299 mark 2 motherboard. So just the front USB 3.1 connections on the case? I have 2 regular sized USB connections and 1 usb-c. So just those 3 USB connections are the only thing that won't work?
Your case MANUAL shows the way to attach the cable for the USB 3 front ports to the case cable (it has a slot for correct direction) and there are also USB 2.0 cables on your case front panel to attach to motherboard USB 2.0 headers so the front USB 3 will also work if you do that.

USB 3.0 is the same as USB 3.1 Gen 1 -- it was just a renaming.